- On Monday, 9/27, Coach Sloan will hold a meeting on the upper deck of the main gym during 2nd session of SRT for any girl or guy interested in basketball sideline cheerleading or GMEN. Please come by to learn more about the cheer team at GHS.
- The GHS Frisbee club is meeting every weather permitting Tuesday and Thursday after school until 5pm. If you are interested in joining, forms are located outside the athletic office. If you have any questions, please email Lucas Kauffman at email@example.com
- Swim & Dive Pre-Season practices will be on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 4 – 6 PM at the GCS Aquatic Center starting next Tuesday (September 14) and going through October 14. Anyone interested in being on the Swim & Dive team is welcome to come, but must have athletic paperwork completed and on file with the Athletic Department.
- We will have conditioning opportunities for those not in a fall sport and interested in participating in track and field. The opportunities will be held Tuesday and Thursday form 4-5:30pm. We will meet in the weight room Sept 14,2021. If interested you will need documentation on file in the athletics office. Contact Coach Leek (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Nathan Swihart (email@example.com) for more info.
- This Friday’s home football game is at 7 PM when we host Warsaw. A big thank you to L & M Electric for sponsoring free attendance for GHS students this Friday. You must show your current year school ID to gain free admission. THE THEME FOR THIS FRIDAY’S GAME IS BLACK OUT NIGHT WEAR BLACK !!
- Homecoming Week is 10/11 – 10/15 and will culminate Friday night with the home football game against Wawasee. That game will be free for all GHS students who show their ID and is being sponsored by Interra!
- Congratulations to all of the members of the Crimson Marching Band for an outstanding performance at the Concord Invitational this past Saturday. The marching band won awards for best music, best visual and best general effect and placed 1st in class A and was the overall grand champion of the 19 bands at the event.
This coming weekend they will be the Penn invitational.
GENERAL SCHOOL INFO:
- Computer equipment – Please do not drop off computers and other equipment to the CPR room by leaving it on the step outside the door, or on top of the half door if it is open. All equipment should be turned in to a live person in the CPR room, or to the main office if no one is in the CPR room. We do not want you to have to pay for broken or lost equipment just because it wasn’t turned in properly. Thank you for helping the CPR staff, and more importantly—helping yourself!
Goshen High School will host the Elkhart County College Fair on Monday, October 4th from 6:00-7:30 pm. Representatives from more than 50 colleges will be available to meet students and answer questions. Multiple military branches will also be represented. Financial aid experts from INvestEd and the Goshen College will be available to answer questions about the financial aid process. If you plan to attend make sure to register for the fair with Strive Scan: it’s free, easy, and will save you time when meeting with colleges at the fair. To register go to www.StriveFair.com and get your barcode.
- What: Merit on the move is a chance for students to earn a credit through Apex for a variety of reasons including re-taking a class to get a better grade, having failed the class previously or even trying to get a credit or two ahead of schedule. Priority is given to students taking classes required to earn diplomas. Classes started in Merit on the Move must be finished by December 16th. Students who do not finish will be required to start over school year or take the course in a traditional classroom.
Who: Merit on the move is open to any sophomore, junior or senior; however, priority will be given to upperclassmen. There is a maximum of 30 students per session, so seating is limited. If you have seniors in your SRT or classes that are a credit or two short of graduating, this is the best way to get what they need!
Where: Merit on the move takes place on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 3:45-5:45PM in the Apex lab (room 2805 and 2810 aka the old weight room).
When: Classes start September 28th and run through December 16th. We will not be meeting the week of fall break. Attendance is taken and students with poor attendance will not earn credits. Special arrangements can/have been made to compensate for work and athletic/extra-curricular schedules, but again, good attendance is necessary to earn a credit. Students who do not show up the first week and do not communicate with Mr. Wolf or Mrs. Miller ahead of time, will be removed and replaced with a student on the waitlist.
How: If you would like to sign up a student, or know one that would be interested in signing up contact Mr. Wolf (firstname.lastname@example.org), Mrs. Miller (email@example.com) or the student’s guidance counselor to get them enrolled ASAP.
- The After Hours homework help has begun. After school on Tuesday and Thursdays from 3:45-4:50 in the Cafeteria. Bussing will be available!
Interested in applying to Goshen College?
Goshen College will be here on Wednesday, 09/29 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for on-site admissions. A sign-up sheet will be available in the Student Counseling office.
IN SPORTS ACTION TODAY:
- The Varsity boys tennis team will play in the NLC Tourney at Plymouth HS starting at 4:30pm
- The Freshman girls volleyball team will play against Concord HS and New Prairie HS at home starting at 5:00pm
- The GHS RedHawks boys varsity soccer team traveled to play against the Wawasee Warriors and came away with the victory by a score of 11-2 on a wet and chilly evening.
Assists for Goshen: Josh Cruz (1), Kovan Drenth (2), Carlos Castaneda (3), Edgar Mora Gonzalez (1), and Emmanuel Diaz-Ruiz (1).
Goals for Goshen: Antonio (Tiki) Hernandez, Bryan Landin, Josh Cruz (4), Edgar Mora Gonzalez, Alejandro Pedroza, Eduardo Alvarez-Barrera, Carlos Castaneda, and Oswaldo Zacarias.
The win improves the varsity’s record to 6-6-1 overall, and 4-1-1 in the NLC.
The RedHawks boys soccer team will travel to Warsaw on Thursday, September 23. The JV will play at 5:30pm, followed by the varsity at 7:15pm
- Goshen Varsity Volleyball loses to Northwood 9-25, 13-25, 13-25Maddie Garber led the Lady Redhawks offense with 10 assists. Lauren Kinsey had 4 kills followed by Macy Hershberger with 3. Janiece Herrera led the the defense with 8 digs and Sarah Harmelink had 7 digs. The Lady Redhawks Volleyball play Concord at home this Thursday evening