|SRT check-in||10:03-10:13||3rd||10:03-11:46||2nd||9:57-10:44||SRT check-in||10:03-10:13||3rd||10:03-11:46|
|SRT Session 1||10:18-11:00||Check Email/GTV||11:36-11:46||3rd||10:49-11:36||SRT Session 1||10:18-11:00||Check Email/GTV||11:36-11:46|
|SRT Session 2||11:05-11:46||5th||11:53-1:57||4th||11:41-12:59||SRT Session 2||11:05-11:46||5th||11:53-1:57|
- On Monday, 9/27, Coach Sloan will hold a meeting on the upper deck of the main gym during 2nd session of SRT for any girl or guy interested in basketball sideline cheerleading or GMEN. Please come by to learn more about the cheer team at GHS.
- The GHS Frisbee club is meeting every weather permitting Tuesday and Thursday after school until 5pm. If you are interested in joining, forms are located outside the athletic office. If you have any questions, please email Lucas Kauffman at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Swim & Dive Pre-Season practices will be on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 4 – 6 PM at the GCS Aquatic Center starting next Tuesday (September 14) and going through October 14. Anyone interested in being on the Swim & Dive team is welcome to come, but must have athletic paperwork completed and on file with the Athletic Department.
- We will have conditioning opportunities for those not in a fall sport and interested in participating in track and field. The opportunities will be held Tuesday and Thursday form 4-5:30pm. We will meet in the weight room Sept 14,2021. If interested you will need documentation on file in the athletics office. Contact Coach Leek (email@example.com) or Nathan Swihart (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more info.
- This Friday’s home football game is at 7 PM when we host Warsaw. A big thank you to L & M Electric for sponsoring free attendance for GHS students this Friday. You must show your current year school ID to gain free admission.
- Homecoming Week is 10/11 – 10/15 and will culminate Friday night with the home football game against Wawasee. That game will be free for all GHS students who show their ID and is being sponsored by Interra!
- Congratulations to all of the members of the Crimson Marching Band for an outstanding performance at the Concord Invitational this past Saturday. The marching band won awards for best music, best visual and best general effect and placed 1st in class A and was the overall grand champion of the 19 bands at the event.
This coming weekend they will be the Penn invitational.
GENERAL SCHOOL INFO:
- What: Merit on the move is a chance for students to earn a credit through Apex for a variety of reasons including re-taking a class to get a better grade, having failed the class previously or even trying to get a credit or two ahead of schedule. Priority is given to students taking classes required to earn diplomas. Classes started in Merit on the Move must be finished by December 16th. Students who do not finish will be required to start over school year or take the course in a traditional classroom.
Who: Merit on the move is open to any sophomore, junior or senior; however, priority will be given to upperclassmen. There is a maximum of 30 students per session, so seating is limited. If you have seniors in your SRT or classes that are a credit or two short of graduating, this is the best way to get what they need!
Where: Merit on the move takes place on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 3:45-5:45 PM in the Apex lab (room 2805 and 2810 aka the old weight room).
When: Classes start September 28th and run through December 16th. We will not be meeting the week of fall break. Attendance is taken and students with poor attendance will not earn credits. Special arrangements can/have been made to compensate for work and athletic/extra-curricular schedules, but again, good attendance is necessary to earn a credit. Students who do not show up the first week and do not communicate with Mr. Wolf or Mrs. Miller ahead of time, will be removed and replaced with a student on the waitlist.
How: If you would like to sign up a student, or know one that would be interested in signing up contact Mr. Wolf (email@example.com), Mrs. Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the student’s guidance counselor to get them enrolled ASAP.
- The After Hours homework help has begun. After school on Tuesday and Thursdays from 3:45-4:50 in the Cafeteria. Bussing will be available!
Interested in applying to Goshen College?
Goshen College will be here on Wednesday, 09/29 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for on-site admissions. A sign-up sheet will be available in the Student Counseling office.
IN SPORTS ACTION TODAY:
- The JV, Freshman, and Varsity girls volleyball teams will play against Northwood at Home. Freshman and JV start at 5:30pm followed by Varsity at 7:00pm
- The boys C-team, JV, and Varsity soccer teams will travel to face Wawasee HS. C and JV play at 5:30 followed by the Varsity at 7:15pm
- The JV Coed Cross Country team will race in the Elkhart JV Invite at Elkhart starting at 6:15pm
- The RedHawks finished up their regular season with a 5-0 win over Mishawaka in a match moved indoors. Some matches were done in as little as 30 minutes in the resounding victory. This improves the team record to 15-4 while remaining undefeated in conference at 7-0. The conference tournament begins Wednesday as the team looks to secure the championship.
- The JV Girls Soccer team lost 3-1 at Penn. Astrid Reyes scored on an assist from Adamaris Veloz. The JV is now 7-5 overall and 4-2 in the NLC. The team plays South Bend Adams at 2 pm Saturday at home