GHS ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR TUESDAY, JANUARY 19, 2021
Do you have library books at home? Please return them when you return to GHS for classes! Thank you!
School pictures will be held on Friday, January 29th! Packets will be handed out during SRT soon. ROA/Merit students may come at any point on the 29th if they wish to get their picture taken! If you have any questions, please email Mrs. Wolfe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Miss seeing all of your friends’ faces? We do too. Get the GHS yearbook to keep this crazy year’s memories all in one place! The 2020-21 yearbook is currently only $60. Buy now at jostens.com before the prices go up! Contact Ms. Shetler with questions.
Congratulations to sophomore Samantha Hunter who set a new Goshen High School swimming record in the 200 IM, breaking a 39-year-old record, with a 2:10.07 on Saturday during NLC finals competition!
ATTENTION SENIORS (AND JUNIORS GRADUATING EARLY):
All students participating in the graduation ceremony are expected to have a cap, gown, and tassel. The deadline to order is January 21st. Orders received after this date will have a late fee applied.
- Here is the link to purchase the cap/gown/tassel package. The cost before sales tax is $29.95. https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/productDetail/1073026/Goshen-High-School/-/1351904766/CATALOG_REPOSITORY/Cap-and-Gown-Unit/1351904802/
- Some of you have older siblings and will reuse their cap and gown. Here is the link to purchase only a tassel. The cost before sales tax is $8.95. https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/productDetail/1073026/Goshen-High-School/-/1351904766/CATALOG_REPOSITORY/Souvenir-Tassel/1351904849/
If you have any questions or need financial assistance please contact Mrs. Jenny Clark – email@example.com
Jostens has extended our lower price orders until January 23, 2020. If you order after that, the price will increase! Get your orders in sooner than later. Look for ordering information on ParentSquare!
- GCS needs every middle and high school student to have a daily self-assessment agreement on file, signed by a parent or guardian. These can be filled out and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. They can also be printed and sent in to GMS or GHS.Nurse Wendy is available to answer any questions regarding Covid-19 between the hours of 8am-8pm Monday-Friday and on Sundays. If you email her during other times of the day, please expect an answer after 8am. If you are unsure if you should come to school, please do not come to school until you have heard back from Nurse Wendy.
- This is a reminder that you can NOT park in the band practice lot or in spots designated for the small white buses. All vehicles need to be parked in a designated spot. There is parking on the grass south of the band practice lot and there is parking along the streets. The new lot on 10th street near the Administrative Building and the new lot farther down 10th street near Madison Street are now available as well! Students also need to have a parking permit in order to park on campus. Please see the bookkeeper in the Main Office. You will need your driver’s license, vehicle registration, proof of insurance, and $5.00.
- We are giving all students free for their regular school meal; breakfast and lunch. This is due to an USDA waiver! IF a student wants a second meal or a la carte items they will be charged. Adults MUST pay for their meals. They are NOT included in this free program. Extra milk for packers is NOT free they must still pay. These free meals to all will last until the end of the 2020-2021 school year!!!
- REMINDER: Students are to wear their IDs at all times. You MUST have your ID to purchase a lunch in the cafeteria. If you forget your ID you can get one at the Welcome Center for $1. If you need a lanyard they are $1, or we can provide string for free.
- YOU MUST BE STAYING AFTER SCHOOL FOR SOMETHING TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS – The GHS cafeteria is offering free after school snacks every day after school. This program is for any student who is staying after school. All student-athletes, club members, music participants, drama participants, after school homework help kids, etc. are strongly encouraged to stop by the cafeteria after school and take advantage of this generous opportunity. Students just need to show their ID and they can grab a healthy snack to go that will hold them over during their after school activities until dinner. The cafeteria will stay open until 3:55 p.m. to hand out the snacks.
- If you are a student that leaves the building at any time during normal school hours then you must have a sticker on your ID if it’s for a class (PACT, Building Trades, EACC, Merit, shortened schedules, Red Zone, internship, yearbook, etc.) that indicates that or a blue pass from the office indicating that you have permission to leave. Building Trades, EACC and Red Zone students are also required to sign out at the Welcome Center before leaving.
- WORK PERMITS: When you get a work permit EVERY box needs to be filled out on the Intent to Employ form before we will issue you the work permit. Please bring completed forms to the main office in the morning and they will be completed by the end of the school day.
- Homework help is available every Tuesday and Thursday in the Cafeteria from 3:45-4:50 p.m. You must be in the Cafeteria by 3:50 p.m. in order to stay for this. You are expected to exit the building through door M where a bus will be available at 5:15 p.m. if you need a ride home. This bus is for students who stay for after-hours help ONLY. This is a great opportunity if you just need a little extra time or even just a quiet place to do your homework at the end of the day.
In Sports Action Today:
- The girls’ and boys’ swimming and diving teams will compete against East Noble High School and New Prairie High School in their last home meet of the season at the GMS Aquatic Center starting at 5:30PM. Swimming to follow the diving portion.
- The boys’ freshman basketball team will compete against East Noble at East Noble High School starting at 6:00PM.
- The JV and Varsity boys’ basketball teams will compete against Jimtown High School at GHS in the Main Gym starting at 6:00PM. The Varsity game to follow at 7:45PM.
- Goshen boys’ JV basketball fell to Warsaw 42-31. Goshen was led in scoring by Andre Williams with 7 points.
- Goshen boys’ Varsity basketball fell to Warsaw 48-38. Goshen was led in scoring by Quinn Bechtel with 14 points.
- Goshen Girls Diver, Avah DeVoe, took 6th overall in Friday night’s 11 Dive event at NLCs, with a new personal record of 336.10.
- Goshen boys’ JV basketball defeated East Noble 37-35. Goshen was led in scoring by Ryan Eldridge with 8 points.
- Goshen boys’ Varsity basketball fell to East Noble 56-52. Goshen was led in scoring by Deecon Hill with 18 points and Quinn Bechtel with 16 points.
- Goshen Girls Swimming and Diving finished 5th overall at NLCs this afternoon. Finishing top 16 for Goshen Swim included: 200 Medley Relay (Eve Miller, Sam Hunter, Vanessa Murillo-Cruz, Norah George-Miller), Norah George-Miller (200 Free, 100 Free), Eve Miller (200 Free, 100 Back), Kassidy Bestul (200 Free), Sam Hunter (200 IM, 100 Fly), Azuna Espino (200 IM, 500 Free), Maggie Dorn (200 IM, 500 Free), Casey Farver (50 Free, 100 Fly), Vanessa Murillo-Cruz (100 Fly, 100 Back), Olivia Goertz (100 Free, 100 Breast), Chloe Franks (500 Free), 200 Free Relay (Casey Farver, Vanessa Murillo-Cruz, Norah George-Miller, Sam Hunter), 400 Free Relay (Kassidy Bestul, Azuna Espino, Maggie Dorn, Eve Miller). Sam Hunter set a new Goshen High School record in the 200 IM, breaking a 39-year-old record, with a 2:10.07. Congratulations to all Goshen Girls Swimming and Diving on an excellent performance!
- The JV Lady RedHawks lost to Warsaw by a final score of 20-43.
- The Varsity Lady RedHawks win on the road 49-38 in a big NLC matchup against the Lady Tigers of Warsaw High School. The RedHawks were led by Brynn Shoup-Hill 22 pts, Tyra Marcum 16 pts, Tori Eldridge 5 pts, and Megan Gallagher, Sarah Harmelink, Breyana Cline all added 2 pts in the win.
Out of Season Activities:
- Any girls interested in trying out for the tennis team for the first time this spring should contact Coach Love to get more information. Go to the Girls Tennis page on goshenredhawks.org to send him an email.
- The GHS boys golf team is actively looking for players for their spring season coming up March through May 2021. No matter what your skill level, or how many rounds of golf you’ve played, the GHS boys golf team is looking for you. Be a part of our team, play golf every day after school and develop friendships and skills that will benefit you in the future. Golf is a game you will take with you your entire life. From beginners to the most experienced golfer, there is a spot for you on our team. Learn more about joining the GHS golf team by emailing head coach Brent Randall at firstname.lastname@example.orgGet on board and join our team as we get ready for this spring.
- Any boys who are interested in boys’ track and field this year, please contact Coach Kauffman at email@example.com and let him know the following information: Name, cell phone number, and events that you are interested in competing in. There will be workouts in the Warehouse for any boys track athlete wanting to Pole Vault, High Jump, Long Jump, and Shot Put. These sessions will be held Monday’s and Tuesdays from 6:00-7:30 pm.
- Volleyball will have limited contact from 12/8-2/4 from 6am-7:45am Tue/Thurs. Excluding Winter break.
For athletic hub:
For those kids who need to take a bus from eLearning at home to athletic practices at GHS or GMS, here are the pick-up times and locations:
- Prairie View-2:35PM
- West Goshen-3:00PM
- GMS drop off-3:15PM
- GHS drop off-3:25PM
The bus will have internet access and the kids will be expected to be online in class while on the bus. Coaches are also analyzing current practice start times, as we may start 15 – 30 minutes later to allow for travel from home to practices.
Winter sport Athletic tickets and Pay/view:
- Now that attendance is not an option, all varsity/JV basketball games in the main gym and swimming at the GMS Aquatic Center will be live streamed for free. Visit goshenredhawks.org and the Ticket Info/Boosters tab for the link.
For winter sports, we are currently in a situation where only families of participating student-athletes have access to tickets. This is re-evaluated week by week and when we are able to return to 25% of capacity, we will then be able to offer tickets to students and staff. Staff ID’s will not be honored for admission unless the staff has been notified by the athletic department.