GHS ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2020
Transition to Course 3 has started! Please note the schedule below. In-person 9th and 10th graders will be IN SCHOOL Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday this week. The 11th and 12th graders will join us next week. This schedule does NOT affect RedHawk Online Academy students.
|3rd||9:58-11:24||SRT check-in||9:58-10:28||1st||9:15-9:45||SRT check-in||9:58-10:28||3rd||9:58-11:24|
|5th||11:31-2:01||SRT resource||10:33-11:24||2nd||10:00-10:30||SRT resource||10:33-11:24||5th||11:31-2:01|
|Week of September 21||Week of September 21|
|Grades 9 and 10: In person||Grades 9 and 10: In person|
|Grades 11 and 12: Students A-L will be in person.||Grades 11 and 12: Students M-Z will be in person.|
|Grades 11 and 12: Students M-Z will be Zooming in.||Grades 11 and 12: Students A-L will be Zooming in.|
|Week of September 28||Week of September 28|
|Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12: In person||Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12: In person|
We are giving all students free for their regular school meal; breakfast and lunch. This is due to an USDA waiver! IF a student wants a second meal or a la carte items they will be charged. Adults MUST pay for their meals. They are NOT included in this free program. Extra milk for packers is NOT free they must still pay. This free meals to all will last until the money runs out or December 31st. If the money runs out on Oct 25th then on the 26th everyone is back to paying if they do not qualify.
It’s that time of year again! The Women’s soccer team is selling pies made by Dan’s Pies from North Webster Indiana. If you would like to buy one feel free to find a soccer player or send an email to either Coach Hulbert or Coach Bontreger! The last day that we will be selling pies is September 23 which is a Wednesday. The delivery of the pies will be October 7. Thanks for supporting your Lady soccer Red Hawks!
GCS needs every middle and high school student to have a daily self-assessment agreement on file, signed by a parent or guardian. These can be filled out and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com They can also be printed and sent in to GMS or GHS.
WORK PERMITS: When you get a work permit EVERY box needs to be filled out on the Intent to Employ form before we will issue you the work permit. Please bring completed forms to the main office in the morning and they will be completed by the end of the school day.
REMINDER: Students are to wear their IDs at all times. You MUST have your ID to purchase a lunch in the cafeteria. If you forget your ID you can get one at the Welcome Center for $1. If you need a lanyard they are $1, or we can provide string for free.
YOU MUST BE STAYING AFTER SCHOOL FOR SOMETHING TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS – The GHS cafeteria is offering free after school snacks every day after school. This program is for any student who is staying after school. All student-athletes, club members, music participants, drama participants, after school homework help kids, etc. are strongly encouraged to stop by the cafeteria after school and take advantage of this generous opportunity. Students just need to show their ID and they can grab a healthy snack to go that will hold them over during their after school activities until dinner. The cafeteria will stay open until 3:55 p.m. to hand out the snacks.
If you are a student that leaves the building at any time during normal school hours then you must have a sticker on your ID if it’s for a class (PACT, Building Trades, EACC, Merit, shortened schedules, Red Zone, internship, yearbook, etc.) that indicates that or a blue pass from the office indicating that you have permission to leave. Building Trades, EACC and Red Zone students are also required to sign out at the Welcome Center before leaving.
COLLEGE GO! SPIRIT WEEK:
Each year Learn More Indiana host the College GO! events throughout the state. This year the College Application Week is September 21-25 and GHS will be hosting a week of events! Please check out the “College GO! and College Application Week” module with more information available through the GHS Counseling Office in Canvas.
- Monday: Highlight your future!
Wear your favorite neon colors and ask your teachers about their college choice
- Tuesday: Our future starts here!
Support Goshen High School RedHawks by wearing Red & white!
- Wednesday: College Application Day
Zoom with Ms. Embriz and fill your college application out!
Click Zoom /ID: 329 237 3451
- Thursday: Adventure Awaits
Stop by the counseling office to fill out a balloon with your future plans
- Friday: Off to college
Wear your favorite college gear.
Seniors, please click here for an updated list of scholarships. All available scholarships have either a website or a PDF file linked. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Embriz.
Students, if you are having trouble with your school laptop, you are welcome to email your school computer support at GHS_TRC@goshenschools.org (Notice there is an underscore after GCS, that is not a blank space.) If you are having trouble with a lesson, please contact your teacher. Contact GHS_TRC@goshenschools.org for things like; it will not power on, the charger is not working, the screen does not work, a computer program will not open (like Chrome or Word), sound or mic not working, things like that.
- PLEASE try to do a full power off, wait at least a minute, then power back on, to see if that fixes the issue. That truly can fix a multitude of issues.
- Please include your full name and email address we can reply to.
- Please describe in detail the issue. Please don’t just say it does not work.
- If there is a pop up message what exactly does it say?
- If you can use the snipping tool to take screen shots of error messages that is very helpful. Just search for the word snip and you should find that.
In Sports Action Today:
- The boys’ JV and Varsity tennis teams will compete against Mishawaka High School at GMS starting at 5:00PM.
- The Unified football team will compete against Warsaw High School at GHS starting at 6:30PM.
- The Goshen NLC JV Boys’ Soccer Tournament:
- Flight A in the first round: Goshen beat Wawasee 9-2. Northwood beat Plymouth in a shootout after a 1-1 regulation tie. In the flight A championship Goshen beat Northwood in a shootout after a 1-1 regulation tie. In the flight A 3rd place match Plymouth beat Wawasee 2-1.
- Flight B Round 1: Warsaw beat Northridge 1-0. Concord beat Westview 1-0. In the Flight B championship Concord beat Warsaw in a shootout after a 1-1 tie in regulation. In the Flight B 3rd place match Northridge beat Westview 4-1.
- Goshen Goal scorers: Eduardo Aguilar (2), Oswaldo Zacarias, Emanuel Collazo-Macias, Antonio Hernandez, Luis Loera-Arambula, Cristian Robles, Jonathan Barahone-Rosales, Charlie Gonzalez, Emmanuel Diaz-Ruiz. Goshen Assists: Christian Munos (2), Emmanuel Diaz-Ruiz, Eduardo Aguilar, Cesar Vela, Jonathan Barahone-Rosales.
- Goshen is now 7-2-3.
- The Girls cross country team finished 15th at the West Noble Invitational. Sophia Yordy finish in 25th followed by Sophia Koshmider 83rd, Nataly Esqueda 103rd, Mara Schrock 113, Rylee Weishaupt 146th, Carmen Pedraza 148th, and Micaela Corbin 177th.
- The Boys cross country team finished 2nd at the West Noble Invitational. Drew Hogan finished 2nd followed by Cole Johnston 5th, Tommy Claxton 10th, Ryan Diaz 19th, Tyler Weise 40th and Oliver Beik 63rd.
- The JV boys’ tennis team won the Northern Lakes Conference championship at the Wawasee Invite on Saturday, edging out 2nd place by 1 point. Moses Kratzer was the individual champion at #2 Singles and the #2 Doubles pair of Braxten Sheets and Myles Mclaughlin were the champs at their position as well.
- The boys Varsity tennis finished 2nd at the La Porte Invitational on Saturday. They swept Lowell in the 1st round and narrowly lost to host La Porte in the championship round. Carlos Lichty won at #2 Singles for the 1st point and Moses Sawatzky came from behind to win a 3rd set at #3 Singles for the 2nd point. The match came down to a 3rd set at #2 Doubles and we were up 4-3 when cramps unfortunately set in. The RedHawks showed a lot of toughness to play through it but unfortunately weren’t able to pull out the 3rd set.
- The Girls Varsity Soccer team defeated Bethany 1-0 on Saturday handing the Bruins their first loss of the season. Maddie Swallow scored the game winner, assisted by Alessandra Lozano. The RedHawks are now 6-5 overall and 2-3-1 in the NLC.
- Goshen girls’ volleyball wins the Goshen Invitational going 3-0. Defeating Lakeland 2-1. Defeating SB Adams 2-0. Defeating Lowell 2-0.
- Saturday morning the Goshen RedHawks JV team took on the Concord Minutemen at Goshen High School. The RedHawks lost to the Minutmen12-7. Leading the offense was Adam Whitehead. He had 6 catches for 85 yards. Jake Turner had a receiving touchdown. Deacon Hill had a passing touchdown. Fabian Macias ran for 40 yards. Leading the defense was Fabian Macias, He had 6 tackles. Amil Romero had a fumble recovery. Max Krider and Alex Olgin each had 4 tackles as well.
- The Goshen RedHawks took on the Concord Minutemen on Friday night at Concord High School. The RedHawks lost to the Minutemen 33-0. Leading the offense for the RedHawks was Colin Turner. He passed for 73 yards. Brayden Hinkle had a catch of 37 yards. Quinn Bechtel ran the ball hard. Leading the defense was Duncan Green. He had 9 tackles with two of those being for loss. He also had a pass breakup, forced fumble, and a quarterback sack as well. Isaac Sawatzky had 9 tackles and a fumble recovery. Roman Schrock had 10 tackles. Brayden Hinkle and Noah Alford both had interceptions.
- The lady RedHawks golf team played at sectionals on Friday at Cobblestone. The girls showed up and really impressed their opponents as well as made the coaches extremely proud with a 5th place finish out of 12 teams. With personal bests from 4 of the girls, we had a lot to be thankful for! The lowest team score in quite some time, was shot by the RedHawks of 364, almost 60 strokes better than last year’s score and 29 strokes better than conference! Briza Tayagua-Delgado shot a personal best of 86, just missing advancing to regionals individually by one stroke! Maya Narayan shot her PR of 89! Estella Borden shot a 93. McKenna Cripe shot a 96 and Jenna VanderWey shot a 106! We cannot wait to see what you do next year! Good luck Seniors!
For athletic hub: check with the athletic department if you need a bus ride to school for practices.
For tickets: visit www.goshenredhawks.org for the weekly Ticket Plan to see when game tickets for certain events are available.