GHS ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2020
Transition to Course 3 starts next week! Please note the schedule below. In-person 9th and 10th graders will be IN SCHOOL Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. This schedule does NOT affect RedHawk Online Academy students.
|3rd||9:58-11:24||SRT check-in||9:58-10:28||1st||9:15-9:45||SRT check-in||9:58-10:28||3rd||9:58-11:24|
|5th||11:31-2:01||SRT resource||10:33-11:24||2nd||10:00-10:30||SRT resource||10:33-11:24||5th||11:31-2:01|
|Week of September 21||Week of September 21|
|Grades 9 and 10: In person||Grades 9 and 10: In person|
|Grades 11 and 12: Students A-L will be in person.||Grades 11 and 12: Students M-Z will be in person.|
|Grades 11 and 12: Students M-Z will be Zooming in.||Grades 11 and 12: Students A-L will be Zooming in.|
|Week of September 28||Week of September 28|
|Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12: In person||Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12: In person|
We are going all students free for their regular school meal; breakfast and lunch. This is due to an USDA waiver! IF a student wants a second meal or a la carte items they will be charged. Adults MUST pay for their meals. They are NOT included in this free program. Extra milk for packers is NOT free they must still pay. This free meals to all will last until the money runs out or December 31st. If the money runs out on Oct 25th then on the 26th everyone is back to paying if they do not qualify.
Students: Check your email for information about your Goshen Public Library eCard. We’re distributing virtual cards this year. If you have questions, contact Mrs. Hartzler, Mr. Collins, or Mrs. Collins in the learning commons.
There will be a drama club meeting IN PERSON on Thursday, October 1! We will meet in the auditorium from 3:45-5:00 in order to social distance. Please enter the auditorium through the stage doors in the music hallway. No prior theatre experience is necessary! We will be discussing acting opportunities, getting to know each other, and playing games. Please contact Ms. Pobocik (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions! We can’t wait to see you!
It’s that time of year again! The Women’s soccer team is selling pies made by Dan’s Pies from North Webster Indiana. If you would like to buy one feel free to find a soccer player or send an email to either Coach Hulbert or Coach Bontreger! The last day that we will be selling pies is September 23 which is a Wednesday. The delivery of the pies will be October 7. Thanks for supporting your Lady soccer Red Hawks!
GCS needs every middle and high school student to have a daily self-assessment agreement on file, signed by a parent or guardian. These can be filled out and emailed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. They can also be printed and sent in to GMS or GHS.
COLLEGE GO! SPIRIT WEEK:
Each year Learn More Indiana host the College GO! events throughout the state. This year the College Application Week is September 21-25 and GHS will be hosting a week of events! Please check out the “College GO! and College Application Week” module with more information available through the GHS Counseling Office in Canvas.
- Monday: Highlight your future!
Wear your favorite neon colors and ask your teachers about their college choice
- Tuesday: Our future starts here!
Support Goshen High School RedHawks by wearing Red & white!
- Wednesday: College Application Day
Zoom with Ms. Embriz and fill your college application out! Click Zoom /ID: 329 237 3451
- Thursday: Adventure Awaits
Stop by the counseling office to fill out a balloon with your future plans
- Friday: Off to college
Wear your favorite college gear.
Seniors, please click here for an updated list of scholarships. All available scholarships have either a website or a PDF file linked. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Embriz.
*Newly Added Scholarship: Scholarship America Dream Award
- The GHS RedHawks boys varsity soccer team hosted the Northwood Panthers on Thursday evening, September 17, and tied 0-0. The RedHawks had 7 shots on goal. The defense for the RedHawks played well. The tie puts Goshen’s overall record at 4-1-6, and 0-1-3 in the NLC.
- Boys JV soccer: Goshen beat Northwood 2-1. Goshen goal scorers: Antonio Hernandez (2). Goshen assists: Oswaldo Zacarias. Goshen is now 5-2-3 and 2-0-2 in conference.
- Goshen Varsity volleyball defeats Northridge in 4 sets; 25-23,22-25,25-17,25-14. Megan Gallagher had 43 assists. Megan Gallagher led in digs with 13 followed by Brooklyn Collins with 11 and Sara Harmelink and Janiece Herrera both had 8. Brynn Shoup-Hill led the Redhawks in kills with 18 followed by Kathryn Detweiler with 17. Sasha Ramos and Delaney Ford both had 4 kills.
- Goshen JV volleyball lost to Northridge 2-0.
- The Girls Varsity Soccer Team tied Northwood 1-1. Maddie Swallow scored the RedHawk goal assisted by Natalie May. The team’s overall record stands at 5-5-1 and the conference record at 2-3-1.
- The Girls JV Soccer Team tied Northwood 0-0. The RedHawks are now 3-5-2 on the season and 2-2-2 in conference.
- The boys tennis team snapped their losing streak in a big way Thursday night, with a 5-0 sweep over NLC rival Plymouth. Isaac Stahly overcame a slow start and a big deficient at 3 singles, being down 2-6, 1-4 before rallying to win the 2nd set in a tiebreak by a score of 15-13, and then holding on to pull out the 3rd set in over 3 hours on the court. The JV improved their record to 9-3. Wyatt Hernley, Kaden Priebe, Soroosh Kermani, Moses Kratzer, and Braxten Sheets all won their matches without dropping a game.
IN SPORTS ACTION TODAY:
- The Varsity girls golf team will compete in their Sectional competition at Cobblestone Golf Course in Kendallville starting at 9:30AM.
- The Varsity football team will compete against Concord at Concord High School starting at 7:00PM.
- The girls Varsity volleyball team hosts their Goshen Invitational at GHS starting at 9:00AM.
- The boys JV soccer team hosts their Goshen Invitational at GHS starting at 9:00AM.
- The boys JV tennis team plays against Wawasee at Wawasee High School starting at 9:00AM.
- The boys and girls JV and Varsity cross country teams race in the West Noble Invitational at West Noble High School starting at 9:30AM.
- The JV football team plays against Concord at GHS starting at 10:00AM.
- The boys Varsity tennis team competes in the Reed Invitational at Kesling Park in LaPorte starting at 10:00AM.
- The girls Varsity soccer team plays against Bethany Christian at GHS starting at 5:00PM.
For athletic hub: check with the athletic department if you need a bus ride to school for practice.
For tickets: visit www.goshenredhawks.org for the weekly Ticket Plan to see when game tickets for certain events are available.