GHS ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR MONDAY, NOVEMBER 23, 2020
COURSE 5: All students currently attending in-person in grades 7-12 will move to Course 5 until after Thanksgiving Break. This means you will be attending virtually. Please see the schedule attached in an email to students. You must be logged on for the entire class. You can still be counted absent for not attending or late/tardy if you arrive late or leave early. GCS has been offering meals for students in grades 7-12 while they are in Course V. We will continue to do that, but due to low numbers, we will not be able to offer meals at every Goshen School. Meals will now be offered from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. at Goshen High School, Goshen Middle School, Chamberlain Elementary, Waterford Elementary, and West Goshen Elementary. If you have not utilized this service, but would like to now, you may sign up at http://www.goshenschools.org/meal-sign-up. Parents may pick up meals for students if they have the GCS Student ID number. Students may also pick up for other family members, neighbors, or friends, providing they have the Student ID numbers.
Nurse Wendy is available to answer any questions regarding Covid-19 between the hours of 8am-8pm Monday-Friday and on Sundays. If you email her during other times of the day, please expect an answer after 8am. If you are unsure if you should come to school, please do not come to school until you have heard back from Nurse Wendy.
GTV students are working hard to bring you information about people and events here at GHS and beyond that have an impact on you.
Here’s how you can help:
- Email us ideas for announcements, sports, or entertainment
- Subscribe and like our videos
- Listen to GTV Radio on Radio Horizonte 104.3FM
- Tune-in app – http://tun.in/sfuAt
- Join GTV Radio – behind the scenes or on-air!
- Email Mr. Sapp – firstname.lastname@example.org
School pictures will now be held on the morning of Friday, January 29th. They will be available to both in-person students and ROA students. More information will be send out as we get closer to that date!
We are giving all students free for their regular school meal; breakfast and lunch. This is due to an USDA waiver! IF a student wants a second meal or a la carte items they will be charged. Adults MUST pay for their meals. They are NOT included in this free program. Extra milk for packers is NOT free they must still pay. These free meals to all will last until the end of the 2020-2021 school year!!!
GCS needs every middle and high school student to have a daily self-assessment agreement on file, signed by a parent or guardian. These can be filled out and emailed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. They can also be printed and sent in to GMS or GHS.
WORK PERMITS: When you get a work permit EVERY box needs to be filled out on the Intent to Employ form before we will issue you the work permit. Please bring completed forms to the main office in the morning and they will be completed by the end of the school day.
Seniors, please click here for an updated list of scholarships. All available scholarships have either a website or a PDF file linked. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Embriz.
Students, if you are having trouble with your school laptop, you are welcome to email your school computer support at GHS_TRC@goshenschools.org (Notice there is an underscore after GCS, that is not a blank space.) If you are having trouble with a lesson, please contact your teacher. Contact GHS_TRC@goshenschools.org for things like; it will not power on, the charger is not working, the screen does not work, a computer program will not open (like Chrome or Word), sound or mic not working, things like that.
- PLEASE try to do a full power off, wait at least a minute, then power back on, to see if that fixes the issue. That truly can fix a multitude of issues.
- Please include your full name and email address we can reply to.
- Please describe in detail the issue. Please don’t just say it does not work.
- If there is a pop up message what exactly does it say?
- If you can use the snipping tool to take screen shots of error messages that is very helpful. Just search for the word snip and you should find that.
- Goshen Girls’ Swim and Dive kicked off their season with a 3-1 success at their portion of the annual DecaDuals meet–defeating DeKalb, Northwood, and Rochester. Goshen had very successful performances including but not limited to Norah George-Miller finishing first overall in the 50 Freestyle and the Goshen 400 Freestyle Relay taking an overall first as well (Azuna Espino, Norah George-Miller, Vanessa Murillo-Cruz, and Sam Hunter). Goshen’s divers Almudena Menendez Jimenez and Kayli Anglemyer made their debuts taking second and third place, respectively. Other top 3 finishers include: 200 Medley Relay (Murillo-Cruz, Espino, Hunter, George-Miller), Azuna Espino (200 Free, 500 Free), Sam Hunter (200 IM, 500 Free), 200 Free Relay (Chloe Franks, Kassidy Bestul, Jill Sweetser, Casey Farver), and Olivia Goertz (100 Breast). It was a great day to be a RedHawk!
For athletic hub: For those kids who need to take a bus from eLearning at home to athletic practices at GHS or GMS, here is the pick-up times and locations.
- Prairie View-2:35PM
- West Goshen-3:00PM
- GMS drop off-3:15PM
- GHS drop off-3:25PM.
The bus will have internet access and the kids will be expected to be online in class while on the bus. Coaches are also analyzing current practice start times, as we may start 15 – 30 minutes later to allow for travel from home to practices.
Winter sport Athletic tickets and Pay/view:
For winter sports, we are currently in a situation where only families of participating student-athletes have access to tickets. This is re-evaluated week by week and when we are able to return to 25% of capacity, we will then be able to offer tickets to students and staff. Staff ID’s will not be honored for admission unless the staff has been notified by the athletic department.
Pay/view for all home winter athletic contest is available. Any student or staff member who would like to run the camera for some games should let Mr. Kissinger know by email or stopping by athletics to discuss the expectation. We could use your help.