GHS ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2020
This weeks’ GTV episode: https://youtu.be/QlhZmfQGCa4
COURSE 5: All students currently attending in-person in grades 7-12 will move to Course 5 until after Thanksgiving Break. This means you will be attending virtually. Please see the schedule attached in an email to students. You must be logged on for the entire class. You can still be counted absent for not attending or late/tardy if you arrive late or leave early. GCS has been offering meals for students in grades 7-12 while they are in Course V. We will continue to do that, but due to low numbers, we will not be able to offer meals at every Goshen School. Meals will now be offered from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. at Goshen High School, Goshen Middle School, Chamberlain Elementary, Waterford Elementary, and West Goshen Elementary. If you have not utilized this service, but would like to now, you may sign up at http://www.goshenschools.org/meal-sign-up. Parents may pick up meals for students if they have the GCS Student ID number. Students may also pick up for other family members, neighbors, or friends, providing they have the Student ID numbers.
Calling all singers! This year’s musical will be “Songs for a New World,” a show about the moments that big things happen in our lives. Auditions will be virtual this year, and we are asking students to prepare a song with a karaoke track and a one-minute monologue. More information and how to submit can be found at this google link. The audition deadline is December 4 at 6:00 pm. Hope to see and hear from you virtually! Contact Ms. O’Leary (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
MEETINGS DURING SRT:
- French Club will be meeting virtually next Tuesday, December 1 during the 2nd session of SRT! We will be learning about and celebrating the holidays as they would in France. The zoom link for French Club can be found on our canvas page. If you have any questions please email Mlle Mack. A bientôt!
- The Lady RedHawks C-Team picked up their first win of the season over Concord by a final score of 26 -19. The Lady RedHawks were led by Grace Kercher with 13 points and Kaci Shepard with 6 points.
- The Goshen Freshman boys’ basketball team defeated the visiting Mishawaka Cavemen in an NLC game on Monday night, 43-38. Ray Harris led Goshen with 23 points, and Tristen Oler added 12. Andre Williams contributed six, while Cesar Vela added two points and a big steal at the end. The Freshmen are now 1-0
In Sports Action Today:
- The boys’ Swim & Dive team will host the Goshen DecaDuals at the Goshen Middle School Aquatic Center starting at 5:00PM.
- The boys’ Freshman Basketball team will compete against Northwood High School at GHS Whiteman Gym starting at 6:30PM.
- The girls’ and boys’ Swim & Dive team will host Meet #1 of the RedHawk Relays at the Goshen Middle School Aquatic Center starting at 10:00AM.
Any boys who are interested in boys’ track and field this year, please contact Coach Kauffman at email@example.com and let him know the following information:
Name, cell phone number, and events that you are interested in competing in. Beginning December 7th there will be workouts in the Warehouse for any boys track athlete wanting to Pole Vault, High Jump, Long Jump, and Shot Put. These sessions will be held Monday’s and Tuesdays from 6:00-7:30 pm. More details will be provided as December 7th gets closer.
For athletic hub: For those kids who need to take a bus from eLearning at home to athletic practices at GHS or GMS, here are the pick-up times and locations:
- Prairie View-2:35PM
- West Goshen-3:00PM
- GMS drop off-3:15PM
- GHS drop off-3:25PM
The bus will have internet access and the kids will be expected to be online in class while on the bus. Coaches are also analyzing current practice start times, as we may start 15 – 30 minutes later to allow for travel from home to practices.
Winter sport Athletic tickets and Pay/view:
For winter sports, we are currently in a situation where only families of participating student-athletes have access to tickets. This is re-evaluated week by week and when we are able to return to 25% of capacity, we will then be able to offer tickets to students and staff. Staff ID’s will not be honored for admission unless the staff has been notified by the athletic department.
Pay/view for all home winter athletic contest is available. Any student or staff member who would like to run the camera for some games should let Mr. Kissinger know by email or stopping by athletics to discuss the expectation. We could use your help.