GHS ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR FRIDAY, JANUARY 15, 2021
- NO SCHOOL on Monday, January 18 due to the holiday!
COURSE 5 SCHEDULE: All students currently attending in-person in grades 7-12 have been extended to Course 5 until January 18. This means you will be attending virtually starting January 6-January 15. You must be logged on for the entire class. You can still be counted absent for not attending or late/tardy if you arrive late or leave early.
School pictures will be held on Friday, January 29th! Packets will be handed out during SRT soon. ROA/Merit students may come at any point on the 29th if they wish to get their picture taken! If you have any questions, please email Mrs. Wolfe at email@example.com.
Congratulations to the girls’ basketball team and Brynn Shoup-Hill. On Tuesday, Brynn hit a 3 pointer at the 4:56 mark of the first quarter to become the career scoring leader for the Goshen High School girls’ basketball team, with 1,220 points. Way to go Brynn!
Miss seeing all of your friends’ faces? We do too. Get the GHS yearbook to keep this crazy year’s memories all in one place! The 2020-21 yearbook is currently only $60. Buy now at jostens.com before the prices go up! Contact Ms. Shetler with questions.
Hi all, for the Freshman and Sophomore classes are doing a Panera Bread fundraiser! This will be Friday the 15th from 4-8 PM at the Panera located at: 4026 Elkhart Rd, Goshen IN 46526. Please come out and support these classes as this money will be used in the future for their prom, graduation, and other costs! You must show this picture when you order or use the code PRFUND at checkout! This code also works for delivery, pick-up, curbside, and drive thru.
GCS has been offering meals for students in grades 7-12 while they are in Course V. We will continue to do that, but due to low numbers, we will not be able to offer meals at every Goshen School. Meals will now be offered from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. at Goshen High School, Goshen Middle School, Chamberlain Elementary, Waterford Elementary, and West Goshen Elementary. If you have not utilized this service, but would like to now, you may sign up at http://www.goshenschools.org/meal-sign-up. Parents may pick up meals for students if they have the GCS Student ID number. Students may also pick up for other family members, neighbors, or friends, providing they have the Student ID numbers.
ATTENTION SENIORS (AND JUNIORS GRADUATING EARLY):
All students participating in the graduation ceremony are expected to have a cap, gown, and tassel. The deadline to order is January 21st. Orders received after this date will have a late fee applied.
- Here is the link to purchase the cap/gown/tassel package. The cost before sales tax is $29.95. https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/productDetail/1073026/Goshen-High-School/-/1351904766/CATALOG_REPOSITORY/Cap-and-Gown-Unit/1351904802/
- Some of you have older siblings and will reuse their cap and gown. Here is the link to purchase only a tassel. The cost before sales tax is $8.95. https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/productDetail/1073026/Goshen-High-School/-/1351904766/CATALOG_REPOSITORY/Souvenir-Tassel/1351904849/
If you have any questions or need financial assistance please contact Mrs. Jenny Clark – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jostens has extended our lower price orders until January 23, 2020. If you order after that, the price will increase! Get your orders in sooner than later. Look for ordering information on ParentSquare!
Hispanic Leadership Coalition of Northeast Indiana Scholarship – Information is in the student counseling office. You can apply @https://app.mykaleidoscope.com. Due 3/15/2021
Thomas E. Goodwin Memorial Scholarship – Applications are in the student counseling office. You must be going into Law Enforcement – Criminal Justice Field of Study to qualify. Due 4/14/2021
In Sports Action Today:
- The girls’ dive team will compete in NLC Prelims and Finals at Concord High School starting at 6:00PM.
- The JV and Varsity boys’ basketball teams will compete against Warsaw High School at GHS starting at 6:15PM. The Varsity game to follow at 7:45PM.
- The Wrestling team will compete in their NLC Tournament at Warsaw High School starting at 9:00AM.
- The girl’s swim team will compete in their NLC Finals at Concord High School starting at 1:00PM.
- The JV and Varsity boys’ basketball teams will compete against East Noble High School at GHS starting at 6:00PM. The Varsity game to follow at 7:30PM.
- The JV and Varsity girls’ basketball teams will compete against Warsaw at Warsaw High School starting at 6:15PM. The Varsity game to follow at 7:45PM.
- Boys’ Freshman basketball team fell to Warsaw 47-19. Goshen was led in scoring by Ray Harris with 9 points.
- The Lady RedHawks C -Team lost to the Warsaw Tigers by a score of 16-46. The Lady RedHawks were led in scoring by Grace Kercher with 6 points and KC Shepard with 5 points. Rosie Herrera, Kaitlyn Bontrager and Andra Sandoval also contributed for the RedHawks.
- Goshen Girls Swimming began their NLC meet with a strong start. Goshen individuals qualifying for Saturday’s Swimming Finals include: Norah George-Miller (Girls 200 Free, 100 Free), Eve Miller (Girls 200 Free, 100 Back), Kassidy Bestul (Girls 200 Free), Sam Hunter (Girls 200 IM, 100 Fly), Azuna Espino (Girls 200 IM, 500 Free), Maggie Dorn (Girls 200 IM, 500 Free), Casey Farver (Girls 50 Free, 100 Fly), Vanessa Murillo-Cruz (Girls 100 Fly, 100 Back), Olivia Goertz (Girls 100 Free, 100 Breast), and Chloe Franks (Girls 500 Free).
Out of Season Activities:
- The GHS boys golf team is actively looking for players for their spring season coming up March through May 2021. No matter what your skill level, or how many rounds of golf you’ve played, the GHS boys golf team is looking for you. Be a part of our team, play golf every day after school and develop friendships and skills that will benefit you in the future. Golf is a game you will take with you your entire life. From beginners to the most experienced golfer, there is a spot for you on our team. Learn more about joining the GHS golf team by emailing head coach Brent Randall at email@example.comGet on board and join our team as we get ready for this spring.
- Any boys who are interested in boys’ track and field this year, please contact Coach Kauffman at firstname.lastname@example.org and let him know the following information: Name, cell phone number, and events that you are interested in competing in. There will be workouts in the Warehouse for any boys track athlete wanting to Pole Vault, High Jump, Long Jump, and Shot Put. These sessions will be held Monday’s and Tuesdays from 6:00-7:30 pm.
- Volleyball will have limited contact from 12/8-2/4 from 6am-7:45am Tue/Thurs. Excluding Winter break.
For athletic hub:
For those kids who need to take a bus from eLearning at home to athletic practices at GHS or GMS, here are the pick-up times and locations:
- Prairie View-2:35PM
- West Goshen-3:00PM
- GMS drop off-3:15PM
- GHS drop off-3:25PM
The bus will have internet access and the kids will be expected to be online in class while on the bus. Coaches are also analyzing current practice start times, as we may start 15 – 30 minutes later to allow for travel from home to practices.
Winter sport Athletic tickets and Pay/view:
- Now that attendance is not an option, all varsity/JV basketball games in the main gym and swimming at the GMS Aquatic Center will be live streamed for free. Visit goshenredhawks.org and the Ticket Info/Boosters tab for the link.
For winter sports, we are currently in a situation where only families of participating student-athletes have access to tickets. This is re-evaluated week by week and when we are able to return to 25% of capacity, we will then be able to offer tickets to students and staff. Staff ID’s will not be honored for admission unless the staff has been notified by the athletic department.