GHS ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2020
SCHEDULE FOR THIS WEEK: PLEASE NOTE WEDNESDAY IS AN IN-PERSON DAY AND REGULAR START TIME!
|SRT check-in||9:58-10:28||3rd||9:58-11:24||SRT check-in||9:58-10:28||3rd||9:58-11:24|
|SRT resource||10:33-11:24||5th||11:31-2:01||SRT resource||10:33-11:24||5th||11:31-2:01|
|Students A-L will be in person.||Students M-Z will be in person.|
|Students M-Z will be Zooming in.||Students A-L will be Zooming in.|
To Mr. Kingsley’s construction students from last spring: If you left a project in the construction lab, you need to pick it up by Friday, September 11, or it will be repurposed! Please communicate with Mr. Kingsley if you have questions.
It’s that time of year again! The Women’s soccer team is selling pies made by Dan’s Pies from North Webster Indiana. If you would like to buy one feel free to find a soccer player or send an email to either Coach Hulbert or Coach Bontreger! The last day that we will be selling pies is September 23 which is a Wednesday. The delivery of the pies will be October 7. Thanks for supporting your Lady soccer Red Hawks!
GCS needs every middle and high school student to have a daily self-assessment agreement on file, signed by a parent or guardian. These can be filled out and emailed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. They can also be printed and sent in to GMS or GHS.
Seniors, please click here for an updated list of scholarships. All available scholarships have either a website or a PDF file linked. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Embriz.
*Newly Added Scholarship: Scholarship America Dream Award
- Goshen JV boys soccer beat Concord 3-2. Goshen goal scorers: Emmanuel Diaz-Ruiz, Cristian Robles Jr, and Antonio Hernandez Jr. Goshen assists: Antonio Hernandez Jr. Goshen is now 3-0-3 and 1-0-2 in conference.
- The RedHawks boys varsity soccer team traveled to play against the Concord Minutemen, but lost by a score of 2-1. The goal for the RedHawks was scored by Josh Cruz with the assist by Carlos Castaneda. The loss puts Goshen’s overall record at 3-4, and 0-3 in the NLC.
- Goshen C volleyball team loses to Mishawaka in 2; 10-25, 17-25.
- Goshen JV volleyball loses to Mishawaka in 2; 13-25, 24-25.
- Goshen Varsity volleyball defeats Mishawaka in 4 sets; 25-27, 25-15, 25-16, 25-19. Brynn Shoup-Hill led in kills with 19, Kathryn Detweiler- 17 and Abby Wileman with 9. Megan Gallagher had 37 assists. Janiece Herrera had 16 digs followed by Kathryn Detweiler-13 and Brooklyn Collins with 12.
- The RedHawks girls Varsity golf took on West Noble after a long Labor Day weekend. The ladies shot a team score of 212 and beat the Chargers by 35 strokes. Sophomores Briza Tayagua-Delgado and Maya Narayan came in with the low scores for the RedHawks with a 50 and 51, respectively. Tonight’s win brings their overall record to 3-5. Nice job ladies!
- The Varsity Girls Soccer team defeated LaVille 7-1. Scoring goals for the Redhawks were: Alessandra Lozano (2), Caylin Martinez (2), Natalie May, and Olivia Bontreger. Recording assists were: Natalie May (2), Andrea Diaz, and Yulissa Gallegos. Overall record is 4-3, while conference record is 2-2.
- The RedHawks Varsity boys tennis team swept all 12 matches against Wawasee Tuesday night to improve to 2-1 in NLC play. The JV is now 6-1. Lincoln fisher completed the shutout in the last match on the court, punctuating it with a tiebreaker win. On the varsity side, Pi Wellington is now 3-0 against conference opponents at #1 Singles.
The home football game with Northwood, scheduled to be played on Friday, September 11, 2020, will also be canceled. The JV Northwood game scheduled to be played Saturday, September 12 is postponed. The rescheduled date will be released at a later time.
For athletic hub: check with the athletic department if you need a bus ride to school for practices.
For tickets: visit www.goshenredhawks.org for the weekly Ticket Plan to see when game tickets for certain events are available.
Starting on Monday, September 14th there will be softball workouts for all players who are not participating in a Fall Sport. Workouts will be on Mondays & Wednesdays from 4:30-6:00. Please see Coach Kulp in room 1215 for more information. You must complete all your athletic paperwork before attending.
All boys not currently in a Fall Sport who are interested in playing basketball this year are welcome to start attending workouts on Tuesday, September 8, from 3:45-5:30 PM in the Main Gym. See Coach Wohlford in room 1515 with any questions. To attend you must have all paperwork submitted to the Athletic Office. See Mrs. Schrock or Mr. Miller for help.
All girls not currently in a Fall Sport who are interested in playing basketball this year are welcome to start attending workouts starting next week on Tuesday, September 8, from 4:00-6:00 PM in Whiteman Gym. See Coach Hill in the Weight Room (rm 1810) for a schedule. To attend you must have all paperwork submitted to the Athletic Office. See Mrs. Schrock or Mr. Miller to turn in paperwork or for paperwork help. Go RedHawks!!