GHS ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2020
Transition to Course 3 has started! Please note the schedule below. In-person 9th and 10th graders will be IN SCHOOL Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. 11th and 12th graders will join us next week. This schedule does NOT affect RedHawk Online Academy students.
|3rd||9:58-11:24||SRT check-in||9:58-10:28||1st||9:15-9:45||SRT check-in||9:58-10:28||3rd||9:58-11:24|
|5th||11:31-2:01||SRT resource||10:33-11:24||2nd||10:00-10:30||SRT resource||10:33-11:24||5th||11:31-2:01|
|Week of September 21||Week of September 21|
|Grades 9 and 10: In person||Grades 9 and 10: In person|
|Grades 11 and 12: Students A-L will be in person.||Grades 11 and 12: Students M-Z will be in person.|
|Grades 11 and 12: Students M-Z will be Zooming in.||Grades 11 and 12: Students A-L will be Zooming in.|
|Week of September 28||Week of September 28|
|Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12: In person||Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12: In person|
We are going all students free for their regular school meal; breakfast and lunch. This is due to an USDA waiver! IF a student wants a second meal or a la carte items they will be charged. Adults MUST pay for their meals. They are NOT included in this free program. Extra milk for packers is NOT free they must still pay. This free meals to all will last until the money runs out or December 31st. If the money runs out on Oct 25th then on the 26th everyone is back to paying if they do not qualify.
School pictures will now be held on the morning of Friday, January 29th. They will be available to both in-person students and ROA students. More information will be send out as we get closer to that date!
There will be a drama club meeting IN PERSON on Thursday, October 1! We will meet in the auditorium from 3:45-5:00 in order to social distance. Please enter the auditorium through the stage doors in the music hallway. No prior theater experience is necessary! We will be discussing acting opportunities, getting to know each other, and playing games. Please contact Ms. Pobocik (email@example.com) if you have questions! We can’t wait to see you!
GCS needs every middle and high school student to have a daily self-assessment agreement on file, signed by a parent or guardian. These can be filled out and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. They can also be printed and sent in to GMS or GHS.
COLLEGE GO! SPIRIT WEEK:
Each year Learn More Indiana host the College GO! events throughout the state. This year the College Application Week is September 21-25 and GHS will be hosting a week of events! Please check out the “College GO! and College Application Week” module with more information available through the GHS Counseling Office in Canvas.
- Wednesday: College Application Day
Zoom with Ms. Embriz and fill your college application out! Click Zoom /ID: 329 237 3451
- Thursday: Adventure Awaits
Stop by the counseling office to fill out a balloon with your future plans
- Friday: Off to college
Wear your favorite college gear.
Seniors, please click here for an updated list of scholarships. All available scholarships have either a website or a PDF file linked. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Embriz.
*Newly Added Scholarship: Scholarship America Dream Award
- Goshen girls’ Varsity volleyball lost to Northwood 0-3; 18-25, 16-25, 15-25.
- Goshen girls’ JV volleyball also fell to Northwood 0-2.
- The Goshen girls’ Varsity soccer team defeated Elkhart 5-1. Goal scorers were: Miriam Ruiz, Caylin Martinez, Maddie Swallow, Alessandra Lozano, and Andrea Diaz. Natalie May had 2 assists and Joya Drenth had 1. The RedHawks are 7-5-1 overall and 2-3-1 in conference.
- The Goshen girls’ JV soccer team tied Elkhart 1-1. Ashley Urzua scored for the RedHawks.
- The GHS RedHawks boys’ varsity soccer team hosted the Wawasee Warriors on Tuesday, September 22 and defeated the Warriors by a score of 5-0. The defense played well, forcing the shutout. Goals for Goshen: Carlos Castaneda (2), Alexis Moro, (2) and Ricardo Garcia (1). Assists for Goshen: Edgar Mora (2) and Ricardo Garcia (1). The RedHawks had 13 shots total, with 9 of them being on goal.
In Sports Action Today:
- The boys’ Varsity tennis team will compete in the NLC Tournament at Concord High School starting at 4:30PM.
For athletic hub: check with the athletic department if you need a bus ride to school for practice.
For tickets: visit www.goshenredhawks.org for the weekly Ticket Plan to see when game tickets for certain events are available.
The varsity football ticket pre-sale for this Friday’s game at Warsaw is as follows:
Tickets are $6 a piece and are paper tickets only. There is no digital ticket option. It is likely there will be tickets available at the gate on Friday, but no guarantees. Varsity football team members can purchase tickets in the athletic office Tuesday and Wednesday and can buy up to 3 tickets. Students and staff can buy a ticket on Thursday and through noon on Friday. At this point, each student and staff can purchase 1 ticket, but if we have plenty after player sales, we may increase that. Go RedHawks.