GHS Announcements for Wednesday March 17, 2021
Goshen High School will move forward to course 2. This means that all students will attend in-person 5 days a week. RedHawk Online Academy will continue their normal schedule.
Course 2 Schedule:
In GTV we will be talk with Sasha Ramos about the musical ‘Songs for a New World’. We’ll also have an update on the petition about returning to school on Wednesdays. And Ryan sees if he can go ‘viral’ in the latest episode of GTV Tries. https://youtu.be/E3Z6Yn63LQY
One Acts auditions are upon us! One Acts are short student-directed scenes and plays that are the perfect introduction to the GHS drama program! Anyone who auditions gets cast in a role.
AUDITIONS: Directors will prepare excerpts from their scripts for cold auditions. Students auditioning will also be asked to perform a short dialogue which can be picked up prior to auditions outside of starting on Friday, 3/19.
WHEN: After school on Monday 3/29 and Tuesday 3/30 in the auditorium un
Cast lists will be posted on Wednesday morning (3/31) and there will be a BRIEF meeting after school on 3/31 for directors and casts to meet, get scripts, and exchange phone numbers.
Anyone will questions should contact Ms. Pobocik (firstname.lastname@example.org)!
GHS’s musical is online! “Songs for a New World” features more than 50 GHS students on stage, in the pit, and on the crew. Check the program here for more information! It features an angry Mrs. Claus, a kid from the Bronx trying to find a ticket out through basketball, a ship captain in 1492, and more- all people trying to find their way in the world. This 90-minute pre-recorded live show is available to stream on-demand at showtix4u.com. Once you purchase your ticket, you will be able to stream the show anytime from March 12th-21st and you will have 48 hours to finish watching the show once you press “play”. Ticket prices are $10 for one person, $15 for two people, or $25 for three or more. If you have any questions, please email them to Ms. O’Leary at email@example.com.
Congratulations to the Varsity Winter Guard on their 1st place finish at the Bishop Dwenger Invitational on Saturday. With their 5th win, the Varsity Winter Guard continues their perfect undefeated season and holds on to their number 1 ranking in the state. Also on Saturday, the JV1 Winter Guard placed 3rd and the JV2 Winter Guard received a Gold Rating. Next Saturday, the Varsity Winter Guard will compete at Decatur Central High School in Indianapolis.
Congratulations to both the Crimson Jazz Ensemble and the Advanced Crimson Jazz Ensemble participated in the ISSMA Virtual Jazz Contest that was judged this past Saturday. Each band was awarded a GOLD rating. What is really incredible is that we had both bands compete in group 1 (hardest music). Most schools only have one group that is at that level, but Goshen has two.
Attention Seniors and Juniors who are graduation early:
If you have not ordered your cap and gown, please do so ASAP. Here is an updated link:
MEETINGS DURING SRT:
· GSA, GHS’s Genders & Sexualities Alliance, will be meeting in room 3255 during 2nd session tomorrow, March 18. This is a space for LGBTQ+ people and their allies. We’ll meet, greet, and play some games. Bring a friend! Questions? Email Ms. Shetler (she/her) or find her in room 3255.
· There will be a meeting on 3/23 during 2nd session of SRT for anyone interested in playing volleyball in the fall.
· Any girls interested in trying out for the tennis team for the first time this spring should contact Coach Love to get more information. Go to the Girls Tennis page on goshenredhawks.org to send him an email.
· The GHS boys’ golf team is looking for some team members this spring. No matter what your skill level or experience is, consider playing golf for GHS this year. If you missed the meeting but would like more information, contact the boys golf head coach, Brent Randall, at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Boys’ track and field practices have started! If you are still interested in participating in boys’ track, please go to Whiteman gym by 4:00.
Out of Season Activities:
· Any girl interested in volleyball should be attending morning workouts with Strength and Conditioning Coach Miller 2 days a week.
· Any boy interested in playing football in the fall should attend off-season workouts on Mondays and Wednesday’s in the weight room from 3:45-5pm. You must have a physical on file to participate.