GHS ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 13, 2021
- NO SCHOOL on Monday, January 18 due to the holiday!
COURSE 5: All students currently attending in-person in grades 7-12 have been extended to Course 5 until January 18. This means you will be attending virtually starting January 6-January 15. You must be logged on for the entire class. You can still be counted absent for not attending or late/tardy if you arrive late or leave early.
If you have one of the issues listed below, please email your counselor and let them know what the problem is. Due to the current circumstances and since we can’t call you in to discuss your schedule in detail, please be specific when you email us your change(s).
Here are some examples of common scheduling issues:
- I am missing this class _______________________________.
- I am in the wrong level of my class (ex. not in honors, wrong level of language)
- I have already taken and passed___________________________. I would like to take _______________________instead.
Miss seeing all of your friends’ faces? We do too. Get the GHS yearbook to keep this crazy year’s memories all in one place! The 2020-21 yearbook is currently only $60. Buy now at jostens.com before the prices go up! Contact Ms. Shetler with questions.
Hi all, for the Freshman and Sophomore classes are doing a Panera Bread fundraiser! This will be Friday the 15th from 4-8 PM at the Panera located at: 4026 Elkhart Rd, Goshen IN 46526. Please come out and support these classes as this money will be used in the future for their prom, graduation, and other costs! You must show this picture when you order or use the code PRFUND at checkout! This code also works for delivery, pick-up, curbside, and drive thru.
GCS has been offering meals for students in grades 7-12 while they are in Course V. We will continue to do that, but due to low numbers, we will not be able to offer meals at every Goshen School. Meals will now be offered from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. at Goshen High School, Goshen Middle School, Chamberlain Elementary, Waterford Elementary, and West Goshen Elementary. If you have not utilized this service, but would like to now, you may sign up at http://www.goshenschools.org/meal-sign-up. Parents may pick up meals for students if they have the GCS Student ID number. Students may also pick up for other family members, neighbors, or friends, providing they have the Student ID numbers.
ATTENTION SENIORS (AND JUNIORS GRADUATING EARLY):
All students participating in the graduation ceremony are expected to have a cap, gown, and tassel. The deadline to order is January 21st. Orders received after this date will have a late fee applied.
- Here is the link to purchase the cap/gown/tassel package. The cost before sales tax is $29.95. https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/productDetail/1073026/Goshen-High-School/-/1351904766/CATALOG_REPOSITORY/Cap-and-Gown-Unit/1351904802/
- Some of you have older siblings and will reuse their cap and gown. Here is the link to purchase only a tassel. The cost before sales tax is $8.95. https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/productDetail/1073026/Goshen-High-School/-/1351904766/CATALOG_REPOSITORY/Souvenir-Tassel/1351904849/
If you have any questions or need financial assistance please contact Mrs. Jenny Clark – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jostens has extended our lower price orders until January 23, 2020. If you order after that, the price will increase! Get your orders in sooner than later. Look for ordering information on ParentSquare!
In Sports Action Today:
- The JV and Varsity Wrestling teams will compete against Wawasee High School at GHS starting at 6:45PM.
- The Varsity Lady RedHawks win 45-35 at home vs the visiting Lady Indians of SB St. Joseph. The RedHawks improve to 14-3 (4-0) The RedHawks were led by Brynn Shoup-Hill with 13pts, Tori Eldridge 9pts, Emma Detwiler and Megan Gallagher 5pts, Breyana Cline 4pts, Sarah Harmelink and Tyra Marcum 3 pts.
- The JV Lady RedHawks defeated St. Joe by a final score of 53-20. Leading Goshen was Makenna Hershberger with 14 points, Maci Hershberger and Morgan Priebe with 10 points each, and Brooklyn Collins with 9 points.
Out of Season Activities:
- Any boys who are interested in boys’ track and field this year, please contact Coach Kauffman at email@example.com and let him know the following information: Name, cell phone number, and events that you are interested in competing in. There will be workouts in the Warehouse for any boys track athlete wanting to Pole Vault, High Jump, Long Jump, and Shot Put. These sessions will be held Monday’s and Tuesdays from 6:00-7:30 pm.
- Volleyball will have limited contact from 12/8-2/4 from 6am-7:45am Tue/Thurs. Excluding Winter break.
For athletic hub:
For those kids who need to take a bus from eLearning at home to athletic practices at GHS or GMS, here are the pick-up times and locations:
- Prairie View-2:35PM
- West Goshen-3:00PM
- GMS drop off-3:15PM
- GHS drop off-3:25PM
The bus will have internet access and the kids will be expected to be online in class while on the bus. Coaches are also analyzing current practice start times, as we may start 15 – 30 minutes later to allow for travel from home to practices.
Winter sport Athletic tickets and Pay/view:
- Now that attendance is not an option, all varsity/JV basketball games in the main gym and swimming at the GMS Aquatic Center will be live streamed for free. Visit goshenredhawks.org and the Ticket Info/Boosters tab for the link.
For winter sports, we are currently in a situation where only families of participating student-athletes have access to tickets. This is re-evaluated week by week and when we are able to return to 25% of capacity, we will then be able to offer tickets to students and staff. Staff ID’s will not be honored for admission unless the staff has been notified by the athletic department.