GHS ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2020
This week’s schedule: PLEASE NOTE WEDNESDAY IS AN IN-PERSON DAY FOR STUDENTS WITH LAST NAMES A-L AND REGULAR START TIME!
|SRT check-in||9:58-10:28||3rd||9:58-11:24||SRT check-in||9:58-10:28||3rd||9:58-11:24|
|SRT resource||10:33-11:24||5th||11:31-2:01||SRT resource||10:33-11:24||5th||11:31-2:01|
|Students A-L will be in person.||Students M-Z will be in person.|
|Students M-Z will be Zooming in.||Students A-L will be Zooming in.|
To Mr. Kingsley’s construction students from last spring: If you left a project in the construction lab, you need to pick it up by Friday, September 11, or it will be repurposed! Please communicate with Mr. Kingsley if you have questions.
It’s that time of year again! The Women’s soccer team is selling pies made by Dan’s Pies from North Webster Indiana. If you would like to buy one feel free to find a soccer player or send an email to either Coach Hulbert or Coach Bontreger! The last day that we will be selling pies is September 23 which is a Wednesday. The delivery of the pies will be October 7. Thanks for supporting your Lady soccer Red Hawks!
GCS needs every middle and high school student to have a daily self-assessment agreement on file, signed by a parent or guardian. These can be filled out and emailed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org They can also be printed and sent in to GMS or GHS.
WORK PERMITS: When you get a work permit EVERY box needs to be filled out on the Intent to Employ form before we will issue you the work permit. Please bring completed forms to the main office in the morning and they will be completed by the end of the school day.
REMINDER: Students are to wear their IDs at all times. You MUST have your ID to purchase a lunch in the cafeteria. If you forget your ID you can get one at the Welcome Center for $1. If you need a lanyard they are $1, or we can provide string for free.
YOU MUST BE STAYING AFTER SCHOOL FOR SOMETHING TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS – The GHS cafeteria is offering free after school snacks every day after school. This program is for any student who is staying after school. All student-athletes, club members, music participants, drama participants, after school homework help kids, etc. are strongly encouraged to stop by the cafeteria after school and take advantage of this generous opportunity. Students just need to show their ID and they can grab a healthy snack to go that will hold them over during their after school activities until dinner. The cafeteria will stay open until 3:55 p.m. to hand out the snacks.
If you are a student that leaves the building at any time during normal school hours then you must have a sticker on your ID if it’s for a class (PACT, Building Trades, EACC, Merit, shortened schedules, Red Zone, internship, yearbook, etc.) that indicates that or a blue pass from the office indicating that you have permission to leave. Building Trades, EACC and Red Zone students are also required to sign out at the Welcome Center before leaving.
Seniors, please click here for an updated list of scholarships. All available scholarships have either a website or a PDF file linked. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Embriz.
Students, if you are having trouble with your school laptop, you are welcome to email your school computer support at GHS_TRC@goshenschools.org (Notice there is an underscore after GCS, that is not a blank space.) If you are having trouble with a lesson, please contact your teacher. Contact GHS_TRC@goshenschools.org for things like; it will not power on, the charger is not working, the screen does not work, a computer program will not open (like Chrome or Word), sound or mic not working, things like that.
- PLEASE try to do a full power off, wait at least a minute, then power back on, to see if that fixes the issue. That truly can fix a multitude of issues.
- Please include your full name and email address we can reply to.
- Please describe in detail the issue. Please don’t just say it does not work.
- If there is a pop up message what exactly does it say?
- If you can use the snipping tool to take screen shots of error messages that is very helpful. Just search for the word snip and you should find that.
In Sports Action Today:
- The girls JV and Varsity golf team will compete against West Noble at Black Squirrel Golf Course starting at 5:00PM.
- The boys JV and Varsity soccer team will compete against Concord at Concord High School starting at 5:00PM. The Varsity game to follow at 6:45PM.
- The girls JV soccer team will compete against Penn High School at GHS starting at 5:00PM.
- The girls Varsity soccer team will compete against LaVille High School at GHS starting at 6:30PM.
- The boys JV and Varsity tennis team will compete against Wawasee at Wawasee High School starting at 5:00PM.
- The girls C, JV and Varsity volleyball teams will compete against Mishawaka at Mishawaka High School starting at 5:30PM. Varsity game to follow at 7:00PM.
- Goshen boys JV soccer beat St. Joe 1-0. Goshen goal scorer: Cristian Robles. Goshen is now 2-0-3 and 0-0-2 in conference.
- The RedHawks boys Varsity soccer team traveled to TCU field, home of the South Bend Adams Eagles on Saturday evening, September 5, and came away with a 4-0 victory over the Eagles. Scoring for Goshen were: Edgar Mora, Fernando Quevedo and Julio Valdez had two goals. Assists for Goshen included Arturo Hernandez, Carlos Castaneda, Antonio Hernandez and Diego Romo. The win improves Goshen’s overall record to 3-3, and they remain at 0-2 in the NLC.
- The RedHawks boys Varsity soccer team hosted and defeated the South Bend St. Joseph Indians on Saturday, September 5 by a score of 2-1. Scoring for Goshen was Richy Garcia and Arturo Hernandez. Fernando Quevedo assisted Richy on the first goal, and Alejandro Pedroza assisted Goshen on the second goal. The win improves Goshen’s overall record to 2-3, and they remain at 0-2 in the NLC.
- The Cross country teams traveled to Lafayette and competed at the Harrison Invitational. The girls only ran 3 team members. Sophia Yordy led the girls placing 22nd followed by Sophia Koshmider 86th and Mara Schrock 93. The Boys team finished 2nd to Bloomington South. Drew hogan Led the RedHawks placing 3rd followed by Cole Johnston 4th, Tommy Claxton 7th, Adrian Mora 33rd, Oliver Biek 58th, Tyler Wiese 60th, and Jackson Gaby 85th. All member did a fantastic job racing.
- The Girls JV soccer team defeated Wawasee 6-0. Goal scorers were: Ashley Urzua (2), Briana Valderama, Astrid Reyes, Daniela Romo, and Mia Diaz. Assists were by Ashley Urzua (2), Mia Diaz, Dayana Lozano, Arely Alvarez, and Elsie Martinez. Their overall record is 3-3, and their conference record is 2-2. They play Penn on Tuesday.
- The Goshen Girls Varsity Soccer team defeated Wawasee 8-0. Goal scorers for the Redhawks were: Natalie May (3), Maddie Swallow (2), Joya Drenth, Alessandra Lozano, and Andrea Diaz. Assists by Olivia Bontreger (2), Caylin Martinez (2), Yatziry Martinez, and Maddie Swallow. Goshen’s overall record is now 3-3, and their conference record is 2-2.
For athletic hub: check with the athletic department if you need a bus ride to school for practices.
For tickets: visit www.goshenredhawks.org for the weekly Ticket Plan to see when game tickets for certain events are available.
Starting on Monday, September 14th there will be softball workouts for all players who are not participating in a Fall Sport. Workouts will be on Mondays & Wednesdays from 4:30-6:00. Please see Coach Kulp in room 1215 for more information. You must complete all your athletic paperwork before attending.
Limited Contact for GHS Swimming and Diving begins today, every Tuesday and Thursday from 4:15-6:15 at the Aquatics Center. Please be sure your physical and required forms are completed and turned in to the Athletic Office prior to attending Limited Contact.
All boys not currently in a Fall Sport who are interested in playing basketball this year are welcome to start attending workouts on Tuesday, September 8, from 3:45-5:30 PM in the Main Gym. See Coach Wohlford in room 1515 with any questions. To attend you must have all paperwork submitted to the Athletic Office. See Mrs. Schrock or Mr. Miller for help.
All girls not currently in a Fall Sport who are interested in playing basketball this year are welcome to start attending workouts starting next week on Tuesday, September 8, from 4:00-6:00 PM in Whiteman Gym. See Coach Hill in the Weight Room (rm 1810) for a schedule. To attend you must have all paperwork submitted to the Athletic Office. See Mrs. Schrock or Mr. Miller to turn in paperwork or for paperwork help. Go RedHawks!!