COURSE 3 SCHEDULE:
This weeks’ GTV episode: https://youtu.be/xxzsU60-WYE
The GHS Art Club is holding a Nelson’s Chicken Fundraiser. You can buy tickets from GHS IB/AP Art students as well as Art Dept. Staff. You may either pick up from GHS after school OR at Tractor Supply in Goshen on FRIDAY, MARCH 5, 3-7.
The Spring Blood Drive will be Friday, March 5 from 8:00-2:00. You must be at least 16 years old to sign up to donate. 16-year-olds must have a permission form signed by a parent. 17 and older do not need permission forms. Please contact Mrs. Wohlford if you would like to sign-up or have any questions. Her room is 3215 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to the Varsity Winter Guard on their 1st place finish at the Carroll Invitational on Saturday. The Varsity Winter Guard has been undefeated and ranked 1st in the state for all 4 weeks of the season so far. Also on Saturday, the JV1 Winter Guard placed 2nd and the JV2 Winter Guard received a Gold Rating. Next Saturday, the Varsity Winter Guard will compete at Hamilton Southeastern High School in Indianapolis.
MEETINGS DURING SRT:
- The GHS boys’ golf team is looking for some team members this spring. No matter what your skill level or experience is, consider playing golf for GHS this year. There will be a boys’ golf Call Out Meeting TODAY, March 2 at 10:30 am during the second session of SRT in the Main Gym.
- Key Club will be meeting on March 4th during 2nd session SRT. We will meet in the auditorium. Come hear how the THIRST project went! If you are still interested in becoming a member there is still time. We can take applications and dues until April 1. Stop by room 2210 to pick up an application if you need one.
- French Club will be meeting the 2nd session of SRT TODAY, March 2 in room 1535. We will be celebrating Mardi Gras and exploring some of the traditions of the holiday. Let Mlle Mack know if you’d like to come or just show up! Hope to see you there.
- On Thursday, 3/4, there will be a Unified Track & field call out meeting in Whiteman Gym during 2nd session of SRT. This meeting is for all student-athletes interested in finding out more about Unified sports and possibly joining the Unified Track & field team this year. You do not need to be signed out to attend the meeting, as we will take attendance at the meeting to clear your absence from SRT.
- This Unified Track & field Call out meeting will also double as our first Student Athletic Council meeting of the year, as the #1 objective of the Student Athletic Council is to support Unified Sports. Any sophomores – Seniors who are student athletes this school year are welcome to attend. If you are not interested in joining the Unified Track & field team, you would still learn and help create ways to promote the meets and support the Unified team for this spring. Thanks for considering supporting this group.
In Sports Action:
- The boys’ Varsity basketball team will compete in the first round of Sectionals playing Penn starting at 5:30PM.
Out of Season Activities:
- Intramural Volleyball signup forms are now located outside the athletic office. Forms and money should be turned in to Mr. Lucas Kauffman by this Friday, February 26th.
- Attention! All girls interested in playing Softball this spring, please see Coach Kulp in Room 1215 across from the nurse’s station. He has important information about the final month of the preseason and the beginning of the season.
- Any girls interested in trying out for the tennis team for the first time this spring should contact Coach Love to get more information. Go to the Girls Tennis page on goshenredhawks.org to send him an email.
- The GHS boys’ golf team is looking for some team members this spring. No matter what your skill level or experience is, consider playing golf for GHS this year. There will be a boys’ golf Call Out Meeting on Tuesday, March 2 at 10:30 am during the second session of SRT in the Main Gym. Learn the game of golf while representing your school. Golf is a game that you will enjoy your entire life. At the call out meeting, get information on the upcoming season, the opportunities to play and learn the game even after the season ends, meet the coaches and much more. Plan to attend the boys golf Call Out Meeting on Tuesday, March 2 at 10:30 am during the second session of SRT in the Main Gym. If you can’t attend but would like more information, contact the boys golf head coach, Brent Randall, at email@example.com
- Boys’ track and field practices started last week. If you are still interested in participating in boys’ track, please go to Whiteman gym by 4:00.
- Any girl interested in volleyball should be attending morning workouts with Strength and Conditioning Coach Miller 2 days a week.
- Any boy interested in playing football in the fall should attend off-season workouts on Mondays and Wednesday’s in the weight room from 3:45-5pm. You must have a physical on file to participate.
For athletic hub:
For those kids who need to take a bus from eLearning at home to athletic practices at GHS or GMS, here are the pick-up times and locations:
- Prairie View-2:35PM
- West Goshen-3:00PM
- GMS drop off-3:15PM
- GHS drop off-3:25PM
The bus will have internet access and the kids will be expected to be online in class while on the bus. Coaches are also analyzing current practice start times, as we may start 15 – 30 minutes later to allow for travel from home to practices.
Sectional Boys’ Basketball Tickets:
The boys’ basketball team plays in Sectional at Northside Gym next Tuesday, 3/2 vs. Penn at 5:30 PM. Due to improved Covid numbers, Goshen is being allotted 400 tickets for the single game. You cannot stay for game 2. Tickets are $6 and can be purchased online starting at 8 AM on Thursday, 2/25. All students are being sent an email with the purchasing information. Go RedHawks.