GHS ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR TUESDAY, DECEMBER 22, 2020
COURSE 5: All students currently attending in-person in grades 7-12 have been extended to Course 5 until January 15. This means you will be attending virtually starting January 6-January 15. We plan to return to in-person classes on January 19. You must be logged on for the entire class. You can still be counted absent for not attending or late/tardy if you arrive late or leave early.
Jostens has extended our lower price orders until January 23, 2020. If you order after that, the price will increase! Get your orders in sooner than later. Look for ordering information on ParentSquare!
GCS has been offering meals for students in grades 7-12 while they are in Course V. We will continue to do that, but due to low numbers, we will not be able to offer meals at every Goshen School. Meals will now be offered from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. at Goshen High School, Goshen Middle School, Chamberlain Elementary, Waterford Elementary, and West Goshen Elementary. If you have not utilized this service, but would like to now, you may sign up at http://www.goshenschools.org/meal-sign-up. Parents may pick up meals for students if they have the GCS Student ID number. Students may also pick up for other family members, neighbors, or friends, providing they have the Student ID numbers.
- The JV Lady RedHawks basketball team defeated Westview by a final score of 35-11. Trinity Nemeth led the scoring with 8 points. Kyra Hill and Bre Cline had 6 each.
- The Lady RedHawks improve to 8-1 on the season after winning 55-15 at home vs Westview. Seniors Brynn Shoup-Hill 17 pts and Megan Gallagher 11pts led the RedHawks in scoring. Tori Eldridge 9 pts, Tyra Marcum 6 pts, Kyra Hill 6 pts, Brooklynn Collins, Breyana Cline, Briana Valderrama, and Sarah Harmelink all with 2 pts in the win.
- The boys’ freshman basketball team lost to Wawasee 35-40.
In Sports Action:
- The freshman boys’ basketball team will compete against Fairfield High School at GHS starting at 6:00PM in Whiteman Gym.
- The JV and Varsity boys’ basketball teams will compete against Fairfield High School at GHS starting at 6:00PM in the Main Gym. The Varsity game to follow at 7:30.
- The JV and Varsity girls’ basketball teams will compete against Homestead at Homestead High School starting at 6:00PM. The Varsity game to follow at 7:30.
Sports Action Over Break:
- On December 23, the JV and Varsity Wrestling teams will compete against Warsaw High School at GHS starting at 3:00PM in the Main Gym.
- On December 29, the JV and Varsity girls’ basketball teams will compete against Columbia City at Columbia City High School starting at 6:00PM. The Varsity game to follow at 7:45PM.
- On December 31, the JV girls’ basketball team will compete in the Plymouth Holiday Tournament at Plymouth High School starting at 9:00AM.
- On January 2, the JV and Varsity Wrestling teams will compete against East Noble and Plymouth at Plymouth High School starting at 10:00AM.
- On January 2, the JV girls’ basketball team will host the Goshen Holiday Tournament at GHS starting at 9:30AM in Whiteman Gym.
- On January 2, the Varsity girls’ basketball team will host the Goshen RedHawk Tournament at GHS starting at 11:00AM in the Main Gym.
- On January 2, the JV and Varsity boys’ basketball teams will compete against LaVille at LaVille High School starting at 12:00PM. The Varsity game to follow at 1:30PM.
- On January 5, the boys’ and girls’ swimming and dive teams will compete against Northwood at Northwood High School starting at 5:00PM.
- On January 5, the JV and Varsity boys’ basketball teams will compete against Marquette at Marquette High School starting at 5:30PM. The Varsity game to follow at 7:00PM.
- On January 5, the JV and Varsity girls’ basketball teams will compete against Mishawaka Marian High School at GHS starting at 6:00PM in the Main Gym. The Varsity game to follow at 7:30PM.
Out of Season Activities:
- Any boys who are interested in boys’ track and field this year, please contact Coach Kauffman at email@example.com and let him know the following information: Name, cell phone number, and events that you are interested in competing in. There will be workouts in the Warehouse for any boys track athlete wanting to Pole Vault, High Jump, Long Jump, and Shot Put. These sessions will be held Monday’s and Tuesdays from 6:00-7:30 pm.
- Volleyball will have limited contact from 12/8-2/4 from 6am-7:45am Tue/Thurs. Excluding Winter break.
For athletic hub:
For those kids who need to take a bus from eLearning at home to athletic practices at GHS or GMS, here are the pick-up times and locations:
- Prairie View-2:35PM
- West Goshen-3:00PM
- GMS drop off-3:15PM
- GHS drop off-3:25PM
The bus will have internet access and the kids will be expected to be online in class while on the bus. Coaches are also analyzing current practice start times, as we may start 15 – 30 minutes later to allow for travel from home to practices.
Winter sport Athletic tickets and Pay/view:
- Now that attendance is not an option, all varsity/JV basketball games in the main gym and swimming at the GMS Aquatic Center will be live streamed for free. Visit goshenredhawks.org and the Ticket Info/Boosters tab for the link.
For winter sports, we are currently in a situation where only families of participating student-athletes have access to tickets. This is re-evaluated week by week and when we are able to return to 25% of capacity, we will then be able to offer tickets to students and staff. Staff ID’s will not be honored for admission unless the staff has been notified by the athletic department.