GHS ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THURSDAY, MAY 28, 2020
WE MISS YOU!!! If you or someone you know is struggling, needing food, or needing additional help with school work, please let your counselor, SRT teacher, or an admin know so you/they can get the help needed!!!
Locker clean-out, book return, and computer return:
Students will drop off laptops, library books and other materials by door M.
Tables will be set up outside for curbside drop off.
Only students needing to clean out lockers will enter the building.
We will have teacher volunteers to help with kids in the building to get them into needed areas.
If you have multiple students, you can choose one time to drop off all materials.
Freshman: TODAY May 28th Laptop and material collection and locker cleanout.
10:00am – 12:00pm Freshman with last name A – M
1:00pm – 3:00pm Freshman with last name N – Z
Please do your best to come at your assigned time. If you are unable to make your assigned time, there is one final collection on Thursday, May 28th from 5:00pm-7:00pm.
Summer school will be entirely virtual. Students will complete coursework on Apex with remote support from a teacher. Students will work from home (online) and contact their summer school teacher by email/text/phone/Zoom during summer school hours for help with content or to take an assessment. Students will need a computer and reliable internet to take a summer school course. Students should not turn in their computer to GHS for the summer if they want to take a course for summer school.
Students can look for a separate e-mail that contains the link to sign up.
You can now view your schedule for next year in Skyward. To view your schedule, click on the tab for “Schedule” and then click on “Future”. Please check to make sure you are in your core classes (Math, Science, English and Social Studies). If you have one of the below issues, please email your counselor and let them know what the problem is.
Here are some examples of common scheduling issues:
- I am missing this class _______________________________.
- I am in the wrong level of my class (ex. not in honors, wrong level of language)
- I have already taken and passed___________________________. I would like to take _______________________instead.
Due to the current circumstances and since we can’t call you in to discuss your schedule in detail, please be specific when you email us your change(s). Also, at this time, we are focusing on fixing 1st semester issues. Please check your schedule carefully and continue to check it throughout the summer. Please also keep checking your email! This is our main way to contact you if there are any issues with your schedules! Schedules can change due to balancing classes and other factors so please continue to monitor your schedule for the most up-to-date version. You will NOT be able to make any changes after we return to school in the fall!!
Congratulations to Hazany Covarrubias Palomino on becoming the Goshen City Youth Council advisor!
There will be a Red Cross Blood Drive at Grace Community Church TOMORROW, May 29 from 11-5. This would be a great opportunity for students and staff to donate since we were not able to have our Spring Drive this year. You must sign up for a time slot at redcrossblood.org. The sponsor code is gracecommunitygoshen. They will be handing out free t-shirts to all donors. Email Mrs. Wohlford at email@example.com with any questions.
Calling all students! The Stratford Experience English Class will continue, although the Stratford Festival is closed for the upcoming year. We are making some changes this year so that we can still encounter Shakespeare’s plays as they were meant to be experienced! We will study plays, then have outdoor watch parties of the Stratford versions of the plays, and also watch pop-culture versions of original Shakespearean stories. This is the only year that you can take the Stratford Experience Class (worth an English credit) without any cost or need of a passport! Contact Ms. Shetler (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information and materials.
Goshen Public Library To Go begins Monday, May 11, and will be offered every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 2 pm to 6 pm. Patrons are now able to place holds on our materials through our catalog at www.goshenpl.lib.in.us. They can also phone their requests in during our staffed phone service hours M-F, 10 am – 2 pm or they can email us their requested titles along with their library card number to email@example.com.
Patrons are able to request up to 10 items per library card. Items available for hold include books, audiobooks, music, and movies. Not all items will be available immediately and there could be wait times lasting several days.
Staff will identify hold requests and process them for pick up. Patrons will receive a phone call to let them know when their items will be made available. Patrons visiting the library to pick up their holds will be greeted by staff at the main entrance to receive their checked out and bagged items. Patrons will be asked to identify themselves with their library card.
Work permits can be done at GHS at this time.
The GHS Yearbook staff needs your photos! Please use this link to submit pictures of your eLearning/quarantine for the yearbook. High-quality JPEGs, preferably no Snapchat or Instagram filters, and avoid pictures of younger siblings for privacy purposes. Thank you!
Students, if you are having trouble with your school laptop, you are welcome to email your school computer support at; GHS_TRC@goshenschools.org (Notice there is an underscore after GCS, that is not a blank space.) If you are having trouble with a lesson, please contact your teacher. Contact GHS_TRC@goshenschools.org for things like; it will not power on, the charger is not working, the screen does not work, a computer program will not open (like Chrome or Word), sound or mic not working, things like that.
- PLEASE try to do a full power off, wait at least a minute, then power back on, to see if that fixes the issue. That truly can fix a multitude of issues.
- Please include your full name and email address we can reply to.
- Please describe in detail the issue. Please don’t just say it does not work.
- If there is a pop up message what exactly does it say?
- If you can use the snipping tool to take screen shots of error messages that is very helpful. Just search for the word snip and you should find that.
Seniors, if you missed picking up your cap and gown here are some things you should know!
- Kuiper will be in the office this week during the underclassmen laptop drop off. You may come during those times and pick up your cap and gown.
- Students need to make sure their balances are paid in full before coming to pick up items. To find out if they owe a balance or to pay a balance over the phone by credit or debit card, students can contact Greg Muncy, our Jostens rep. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call during business hours 260-483-1825. If you want to pay by cash or check that is an option. PLEASE HAVE EXACT CHANGE.
- If you cannot make it to the pickup, you can have a friend pick up your order as long as it is paid in full. Just make sure you text/email your friend that they have your permission to pick up the order. If you friend shows us the text/email, we will give them your order.
- If you never ordered a cap and gown, you can borrow one from a previous senior or you can still order one. Mr. Muncy will be charging $50 on the spot for late order caps and gowns. You should email him BEFORE pickup with your school, name, gender, height, and weight so he can make sure he brings a gown for you. You can also prepay late orders over the phone as well.
Seniors who would like to buy their laptop may still do so. The cost is $75.00. The bookkeeper will be available to make this purchase during the underclassmen drop off times. If you already purchased your laptop, stay tuned for an e-mail from the technology department with instructions to reimage your device.
Please email Jamie Lehman at email@example.com where you would like your final transcript sent to for the college/university choice in the Fall.
Attention GHS Seniors!
Goshen High School Student Council would like to feature our seniors over the upcoming weeks. Send a photo and plans for after graduation to Mrs. Walters at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you plan on working, let me know where. If you plan on attending college, include your major of study. Joining the military? What branch? Don’t know yet…that’s ok too!! Check for postings on the Goshen Community Schools Facebook page and Twitter feed!
For all students interested in athletics next year, there has been a new ruling regarding physical exams. The IHSAA has decided that this year’s physical exams will not expire until the end of the 2020-2021 school year. You will still need to complete your code of conduct and the concussion/head injury forms, but you do NOT need a new physical exam if you had one this year. For those who did not submit a physical exam this year, you will need a new exam before you can participate in any activities.
Athletic coaches are planning for resumption of activities, but the date is floating due to COVID. Currently the plan is to resume on/after July 1st. Stay tuned!
Any boy interested in playing football in the fall should contact Coach Kyle Park at email@example.com so we can get added to the communication with the team over the next several weeks.
Any female student interested in trying out for Volleyball for the 2020-2021 school year please e-mail Ms. Meyer for workouts at firstname.lastname@example.org.