GHS ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR MONDAY, JUNE 1, 2020
WE MISS YOU!!! If you or someone you know is struggling, needing food, or needing additional help with school work, please let your counselor, SRT teacher, or an admin know so you/they can get the help needed!!!
Laptops, school books, and library books can still be turned in. The times available will be Monday-Thursday 9:30am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-3:30pm. We ask that only the student enters the building. The student must IMMEDIATELY report to the MAIN OFFICE. Students will be escorted anywhere else they may need to go. Lockers MUST be cleaned out by JUNE 18! Anything remaining in lockers after that date will be cleaned out and donated to Goodwill. Seniors who have not picked up their caps and gowns may also do so at those times as well.
Summer school has started and will be entirely virtual. Students will complete coursework on Apex with remote support from a teacher. Students will work from home (online) and contact their summer school teacher by email/text/phone/Zoom during summer school hours for help with content or to take an assessment. Students will need a computer and reliable internet to take a summer school course. Students should not turn in their computer to GHS for the summer if they want to take a course for summer school.
Students can look for a separate e-mail that contains the link to sign up. If you already signed up, check for an e-mail from your teacher with instructions how to report attendance and turn in assignments.
You can now view your schedule for next year in Skyward. To view your schedule, click on the tab for “Schedule” and then click on “Future”. Please check to make sure you are in your core classes (Math, Science, English and Social Studies). If you have one of the below issues, please email your counselor and let them know what the problem is.
Here are some examples of common scheduling issues:
- I am missing this class _______________________________.
- I am in the wrong level of my class (ex. not in honors, wrong level of language)
- I have already taken and passed___________________________. I would like to take _______________________instead.
Due to the current circumstances and since we can’t call you in to discuss your schedule in detail, please be specific when you email us your change(s). Also, at this time, we are focusing on fixing 1st semester issues. Please check your schedule carefully and continue to check it throughout the summer. Please also keep checking your email! This is our main way to contact you if there are any issues with your schedules! Schedules can change due to balancing classes and other factors so please continue to monitor your schedule for the most up-to-date version. You will NOT be able to make any changes after we return to school in the fall!!
Calling all students! The Stratford Experience English Class will continue, although the Stratford Festival is closed for the upcoming year. We are making some changes this year so that we can still encounter Shakespeare’s plays as they were meant to be experienced! We will study plays, then have outdoor watch parties of the Stratford versions of the plays, and also watch pop-culture versions of original Shakespearean stories. This is the only year that you can take the Stratford Experience Class (worth an English credit) without any cost or need of a passport! Contact Ms. Shetler (email@example.com) for more information and materials.
Work permits can be done at GHS at this time. Please bring a form of ID with you as we can not issue one with it.
Students, if you are having trouble with your school laptop, you are welcome to email your school computer support at; GHS_TRC@goshenschools.org (Notice there is an underscore after GCS, that is not a blank space.) If you are having trouble with a lesson, please contact your teacher. Contact GHS_TRC@goshenschools.org for things like; it will not power on, the charger is not working, the screen does not work, a computer program will not open (like Chrome or Word), sound or mic not working, things like that.
- PLEASE try to do a full power off, wait at least a minute, then power back on, to see if that fixes the issue. That truly can fix a multitude of issues.
- Please include your full name and email address we can reply to.
- Please describe in detail the issue. Please don’t just say it does not work.
- If there is a pop up message what exactly does it say?
- If you can use the snipping tool to take screen shots of error messages that is very helpful. Just search for the word snip and you should find that.
Seniors, if you missed picking up your cap and gown here are some things you should know!
- Kuiper will be in the office. The times available to pick up your cap and gown will be Monday-Thursday 9:30am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-3:30pm.
- If you cannot make it to the pickup, you can have a friend pick up your order as long as it is paid in full. Just make sure you text/email your friend that they have your permission to pick up the order. If you friend shows us the text/email, we will give them your order.
- If you never ordered a cap and gown, you can borrow one from a previous senior or you can still order one. They are $50 on the spot for late order caps and gowns. You should email Mrs. Kuiper firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE pickup with your name, gender, height, and weight so she can make sure she has a gown for you.
Please email Jamie Lehman at email@example.com where you would like your final transcript sent to for the college/university choice in the Fall.
For all students interested in athletics next year, there has been a new ruling regarding physical exams. The IHSAA has decided that this year’s physical exams will not expire until the end of the 2020-2021 school year. You will still need to complete your code of conduct and the concussion/head injury forms, but you do NOT need a new physical exam if you had one this year. For those who did not submit a physical exam this year, you will need a new exam before you can participate in any activities.
Athletic coaches are planning for resumption of activities, but the date is floating due to COVID. Currently the plan is to resume on/after July 1st. Stay tuned!
Any boy interested in playing football in the fall should contact Coach Kyle Park at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get added to the communication with the team over the next several weeks.
Any female student interested in trying out for Volleyball for the 2020-2021 school year please e-mail Ms. Meyer for workouts at email@example.com.