COURSE 3 SCHEDULE:
This weeks’ GTV episode: https://youtu.be/xxzsU60-WYE
The GHS Art Club is holding a Nelson’s Chicken Fundraiser. You can buy tickets from GHS IB/AP Art students as well as Art Dept. Staff. You may either pick up from GHS after school OR at Tractor Supply in Goshen on FRIDAY, MARCH 5, 3-7.
The Spring Blood Drive is TOMORROW, March 5 from 8:00-2:00. You must be at least 16 years old to sign up to donate. 16-year-olds must have a permission form signed by a parent. 17 and older do not need permission forms. Please contact Mrs. Wohlford if you would like to sign-up or have any questions. Her room is 3215 or email email@example.com.
Congratulations to the Varsity Winter Guard on their 1st place finish at the Carroll Invitational on Saturday. The Varsity Winter Guard has been undefeated and ranked 1st in the state for all 4 weeks of the season so far. Also on Saturday, the JV1 Winter Guard placed 2nd and the JV2 Winter Guard received a Gold Rating. Next Saturday, the Varsity Winter Guard will compete at Hamilton Southeastern High School in Indianapolis.
Attention Seniors and Juniors who are graduation early:
If you have not ordered your cap and gown, please do so ASAP. Here is an updated link:
MEETINGS DURING SRT:
- Key Club will be meeting TODAY during 2nd session SRT. We will meet in the auditorium. Come hear how the THIRST project went! If you are still interested in becoming a member there is still time. We can take applications and dues until April 1. Stop by room 2210 to pick up an application if you need one.
- TODAY, 3/4, there will be a Unified Track & field call out meeting in Whiteman Gym during 2nd session of SRT. This meeting is for all student-athletes interested in finding out more about Unified sports and possibly joining the Unified Track & field team this year. You do not need to be signed out to attend the meeting, as we will take attendance at the meeting to clear your absence from SRT.
- This Unified Track & field Call out meeting will also double as our first Student Athletic Council meeting of the year, as the #1 objective of the Student Athletic Council is to support Unified Sports. Any sophomores – Seniors who are student athletes this school year are welcome to attend. If you are not interested in joining the Unified Track & field team, you would still learn and help create ways to promote the meets and support the Unified team for this spring. Thanks for considering supporting this group.
In Sports Action:
- Goshen Varsity boys’ basketball fell to Penn 57-25 during Sectionals ending the season. Goshen was led in scoring by Drew Hogan with 12 points.
- Attention- All girls interested in playing softball! On Monday, March 8th is tryouts for the GHS Softball program. If you are interested in trying out make sure you have all of your athletic paper work completed and report to the main gym at 4:00-6:30. Hope to see you there. Go Hawks!
- Any girls interested in trying out for the tennis team for the first time this spring should contact Coach Love to get more information. Go to the Girls Tennis page on goshenredhawks.org to send him an email.
- The GHS boys’ golf team is looking for some team members this spring. No matter what your skill level or experience is, consider playing golf for GHS this year. If you missed the meeting but would like more information, contact the boys golf head coach, Brent Randall, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boys’ track and field practices have started! If you are still interested in participating in boys’ track, please go to Whiteman gym by 4:00.
Out of Season Activities:
- Any girl interested in volleyball should be attending morning workouts with Strength and Conditioning Coach Miller 2 days a week.
- Any boy interested in playing football in the fall should attend off-season workouts on Mondays and Wednesday’s in the weight room from 3:45-5pm. You must have a physical on file to participate.
For athletic hub:
For those kids who need to take a bus from eLearning at home to athletic practices at GHS or GMS, here are the pick-up times and locations:
- Prairie View-2:35PM
- West Goshen-3:00PM
- GMS drop off-3:15PM
- GHS drop off-3:25PM
The bus will have internet access and the kids will be expected to be online in class while on the bus. Coaches are also analyzing current practice start times, as we may start 15 – 30 minutes later to allow for travel from home to practices.