GHS ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THURSDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2020
- There will be NO final exams this semester.
COURSE 5: All students currently attending in-person in grades 7-12 have been extended to Course 5 until after December 11. This means you will be attending virtually. Please see the student email with the schedule attached. Please note the change in SRT period with a 10 minute check-in session added. You must be logged on for the entire class. You can still be counted absent for not attending or late/tardy if you arrive late or leave early.
Tennis Award Winners:
- MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Carlos Lichty
- MOST IMPROVED: Soroosh Kermani
- COACH’S AWARD: Carter Schmucker
- TEAMWORK AWARD: Cormac Koop Liechty
- MENTAL ATTITUDE AWARD: Moses Sawatzky
- CAREER ACHIEVEMENT AWARD: Carlos Lichty (55-16)
- CAPTAINS: Brenton Pham, Carlos Lichty
- JV AWARD: Soroosh Kermani
- KIWANIS SCHOLAR ATHLETE:SR: Brenton Pham JR: Soroosh Kermani, Mireya Benitez, Tori Barkey SO: Kaden Priebe FR: Anton Alstrom, Lincoln Fisher, Evan Hochstedler, Moses Kratzer
- NLC ALL-CONFERENCE: Pi Wellington, Carlos Lichty, Moses Sawatzky
- The team was awarded ACADEMIC TEAM ALL-STATE
Wrestling practice will start at 4 PM this Tuesday – Friday and all should meet in the wrestling room by 4 PM. Managers are encouraged to attend. Practices will be over this week between 5 and 5:15!
If you need library books, you can place a hold through Destiny or you can also email Mrs. Hartzler (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you’re not sure how to place a book on hold in Destiny, there is a how-to video on the Learning Commons Canvas page. The books will be delivered to your doorstep! Keep reading, RedHawks!
Ski Club: This is normally the time of year that we would be registering for our 2021 ski club season. Unfortunately, current Covid restrictions and uncertain future restrictions make a normal season unlikely. Keep checking announcements, hopefully we can do some single sessions ski trips. Email Mrs. Clark, email@example.com, with questions.
GCS has been offering meals for students in grades 7-12 while they are in Course V. We will continue to do that, but due to low numbers, we will not be able to offer meals at every Goshen School. Meals will now be offered from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. at Goshen High School, Goshen Middle School, Chamberlain Elementary, Waterford Elementary, and West Goshen Elementary. If you have not utilized this service, but would like to now, you may sign up at http://www.goshenschools.org/meal-sign-up. Parents may pick up meals for students if they have the GCS Student ID number. Students may also pick up for other family members, neighbors, or friends, providing they have the Student ID numbers.
Calling all singers! This year’s musical will be “Songs for a New World,” a show about the moments that big things happen in our lives. Auditions will be virtual this year, and we are asking students to prepare a song with a karaoke track and a one-minute monologue. More information and how to submit can be found at this google link. The audition deadline is December 4 at 6:00 pm. Hope to see and hear from you virtually! Contact Ms. O’Leary (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
MEETINGS DURING SRT:
- KEY CLUB will meet today December 3rd during 2nd session SRT via ZOOM. If you are interested in attended please email the club advisor Danielle Dubash at email@example.com so you can be given access to the zoom link. The Key Cub application and dues deadline has been extended until December 18. If you picked up an application, you can scan and email to Mrs. Dubash and or mail/drop off to her at GHS. You will be considered an official member of Key Club once application and DUES are submitted. If you send in dues by the 18th it is $18. After that the cost is $20.00. If you want to complete an application online please send an email to ask for the link.
In Sports Action:
- The boys’ and girls’ swim and dive teams will compete against Northridge and Plymouth at Dr. Susan Bardwell Aquatics Center in Plymouth. Diving starts at 5:30PM, swimming to follow at 7:15PM.
- The boys’ Freshman basketball team will compete against Plymouth High School at GHS Whiteman Gym starting at 7:00PM.
- Wrestling practice will start at 4 PM this Tuesday – Friday and all should meet in the wrestling room by 4 PM. Managers are encouraged to attend. Practices will be over this week between 5 and 5:15!
- The swim and dive team will NOT have morning practices 12/2, 12/4, 12/7, 12/9, 12/11. The schedule will resume as normal after the listed dates.
Out of Season Activities:
- Any boys who are interested in boys’ track and field this year, please contact Coach Kauffman at firstname.lastname@example.org and let him know the following information: Name, cell phone number, and events that you are interested in competing in. Beginning December 7ththere will be workouts in the Warehouse for any boys track athlete wanting to Pole Vault, High Jump, Long Jump, and Shot Put. These sessions will be held Monday’s and Tuesdays from 6:00-7:30 pm. More details will be provided as December 7th gets closer.
- Volleyball will have limited contact from 12/8-2/4 from 6am-7:45am Tue/Thurs. Excluding Winter break.
For athletic hub:
For those kids who need to take a bus from eLearning at home to athletic practices at GHS or GMS, here are the pick-up times and locations:
- Prairie View-2:35PM
- West Goshen-3:00PM
- GMS drop off-3:15PM
- GHS drop off-3:25PM
The bus will have internet access and the kids will be expected to be online in class while on the bus. Coaches are also analyzing current practice start times, as we may start 15 – 30 minutes later to allow for travel from home to practices.
Winter sport Athletic tickets and Pay/view:
For winter sports, we are currently in a situation where only families of participating student-athletes have access to tickets. This is re-evaluated week by week and when we are able to return to 25% of capacity, we will then be able to offer tickets to students and staff. Staff ID’s will not be honored for admission unless the staff has been notified by the athletic department.
Pay/view for all home winter athletic contest is available. Any student or staff member who would like to run the camera for some games should let Mr. Kissinger know by email or stopping by athletics to discuss the expectation. We could use your help.