Goshen High School will move forward to course 2. This means that all students will attend in-person 5 days a week. RedHawk Online Academy will continue their normal schedule.
Course 2 Schedule:
In GTV we will be talk with Sasha Ramos about the musical ‘Songs for a New World’. We’ll also have an update on the petition about returning to school on Wednesdays. And Ryan sees if he can go ‘viral’ in the latest episode of GTV Tries. https://youtu.be/E3Z6Yn63LQY
One Acts auditions are upon us! One Acts are short student-directed scenes and plays that are the perfect introduction to the GHS drama program! Anyone who auditions gets cast in a role.
AUDITIONS: Directors will prepare excerpts from their scripts for cold auditions. Students auditioning will also be asked to perform a short dialogue which can be picked up prior to auditions.
WHEN: After school on Monday 3/29 and Tuesday 3/30 in the auditorium un
Cast lists will be posted on Wednesday morning (3/31) and there will be a BRIEF meeting after school on 3/31 for directors and casts to meet, get scripts, and exchange phone numbers.
Anyone will questions should contact Ms. Pobocik (firstname.lastname@example.org)!
Last Thursday night, the GHS Academic Super Bowl teams competed in their first competition of the season. Congrats to the Math team of Josh Schrock, Matthew Snyder and Christina Herrmann, and Social Studies team of Alex Berkey and Harajit Rao for winning second place in their categories! Congrats also go out to Science (4th place), English (3rd), and Interdisciplinary (4th) teams.
Faith + Student + Sport = FCA
FCA will start meeting every Thursday of the week beginning February 4th @ 7:30 am in room 1230. If you are looking to fellowship with other Goshen students and athletes, FCA is for you. This club helps students and athletes inject their Faith into daily lives & routines.
Contact Mr. Hutcherson (Rm. 1230) or Mr. DuBois (Rm. 1220) for more information about FCA.
Merit on the Move:
We are starting up Merit on the Move on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:45-5:45.
We have a lot of math students currently interested and have opened up two rooms (2265 as well as the current APEX lab) to accommodate more students. Students will need to clear things with their counselors before coming to a session. Sessions will continue through May and many students are able to earn a credit toward their transcript in that time. Motivated students can often earn more than one. If you have a student who needs another credit or two to graduate, or just wants to get ahead, please let either Mr. Wolf (email@example.com) or Ms. Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org) know. Thank you!
Miss seeing all of your friends’ faces? We do too. Get the GHS yearbook to keep this crazy year’s memories all in one place! The 2020-21 yearbook is currently only $60. Buy now at jostens.com before the prices go up! Contact Ms. Shetler with questions.
Looking for work?
Miso Japan Fine Dining on Pike St. in Goshen is looking for smile faces, opening positions: part time cashier $11/hr for start. Apply walk in 2:00-4:15 pm Tuesday- Thursday.
Maplecrest Animal Hospital is seeking part-time kennel attendants. Applicants must be available evenings, some weekends, and some holidays. It usually works out to about 8-12 days per month, with about 3-4 hours per work “day”. Salary starts at $8.75/hr. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Dog and Cat care (feeding, walking, giving medication)
· General Cleaning
· Restocking medical supplies
The real “benefit” is the interactions between the veterinarians and the kennel staff. If the candidate has an interest in the veterinary profession, interesting cases will be shared with the students. Interested candidates please fill out an application at: Maplecrest Animal Hospital 1214 N. Main St Goshen, IN 46528.
Masterbrand Cabinets is looking for summer work! You must be 18 years old to be eligible. There is first and second shift opportunities available. To apply, log onto the website https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/FortuneBrands/mbci
1st shift starting at $16.20
2nd shift starting at $17.31
Attention Seniors (and juniors graduating early):
If you have not ordered your cap and gown, please do so ASAP. Here is an updated link:
If you have any questions or need financial assistance please contact Mrs. Jenny Clark – email@example.com
· GCS needs every middle and high school student to have a daily self-assessment agreement on file, signed by a parent or guardian. These can be filled out and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. They can also be printed and sent in to GMS or GHS. Nurse Wendy is available to answer any questions regarding Covid-19 between the hours of 8am-8pm Monday-Friday and on Sundays. If you email her during other times of the day, please expect an answer after 8am. If you are unsure if you should come to school, please do not come to school until you have heard back from Nurse Wendy.
· This is a reminder that you can NOT park in the band practice lot or in spots designated for the small white buses. All vehicles need to be parked in a designated spot. There is parking on the grass south of the band practice lot and there is parking along the streets. The new lot on 10th street near the Administrative Building and the new lot farther down 10th street near Madison Street are now available as well! Students also need to have a parking permit in order to park on campus. Please see the bookkeeper in the Main Office. You will need your driver’s license, vehicle registration, proof of insurance, and $5.00.
· We are giving all students free for their regular school meal; breakfast and lunch. This is due to an USDA waiver! IF a student wants a second meal or a la carte items they will be charged. Adults MUST pay for their meals. They are NOT included in this free program. Extra milk for packers is NOT free they must still pay. These free meals to all will last until the end of the 2020-2021 school year!!!
· REMINDER: Students are to wear their IDs at all times. You MUST have your ID to purchase a lunch in the cafeteria. If you forget your ID you can get one at the Welcome Center for $1. If you need a lanyard they are $1, or we can provide string for free.
· YOU MUST BE STAYING AFTER SCHOOL FOR SOMETHING TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS – The GHS cafeteria is offering free after school snacks every day after school. This program is for any student who is staying after school. All student-athletes, club members, music participants, drama participants, after school homework help kids, etc. are strongly encouraged to stop by the cafeteria after school and take advantage of this generous opportunity. Students just need to show their ID and they can grab a healthy snack to go that will hold them over during their after school activities until dinner. The cafeteria will stay open until 3:55 p.m. to hand out the snacks.
· If you are a student that leaves the building at any time during normal school hours then you must have a sticker on your ID if it’s for a class (PACT, Building Trades, EACC, Merit, shortened schedules, Red Zone, internship, yearbook, etc.) that indicates that or a blue pass from the office indicating that you have permission to leave. Building Trades, EACC and Red Zone students are also required to sign out at the Welcome Center before leaving.
· WORK PERMITS: When you get a work permit EVERY box needs to be filled out on the Intent to Employ form before we will issue you the work permit. Please bring completed forms to the main office in the morning and they will be completed by the end of the school day.
· Homework help is available every Tuesday and Thursday in the Cafeteria from 3:45-4:50 p.m. You must be in the Cafeteria by 3:50 p.m. in order to stay for this. You are expected to exit the building through door M where a bus will be available at 5:15 p.m. if you need a ride home. This bus is for students who stay for after-hours help ONLY. This is a great opportunity if you just need a little extra time or even just a quiet place to do your homework at the end of the day.
GTV students are working hard to bring you information about people and events here at GHS and beyond that have an impact on you.
Here’s how you can help:
Email us ideas for announcements, sports, or entertainment
Subscribe and like our videos
Listen to GTV Radio on Radio Horizonte 104.3FM
Tune-in app – http://tun.in/sfuAt
Join GTV Radio – behind the scenes or on-air!
Email Mr. Sapp – firstname.lastname@example.org
UPDATED scholarship links:
If you have any questions, please see Ms. Embriz.
MEETINGS DURING SRT:
· GSA, GHS’s Genders & Sexualities Alliance, will be meeting in room 3255 during 2nd session Thursday, March 18. This is a space for LGBTQ+ people and their allies. We’ll meet, greet, and play some games. Bring a friend! Questions? Email Ms. Shetler (she/her) or find her in room 3255.
· There will be a meeting on 3/23 during 2nd session of SRT for anyone interested in playing volleyball in the fall.
Students, if you are having trouble with your school laptop, you are welcome to email your school computer support at GHS_TRC@goshenschools.org (Notice there is an underscore after GCS, that is not a blank space.) If you are having trouble with a lesson, please contact your teacher. Contact GHS_TRC@goshenschools.org for things like; it will not power on, the charger is not working, the screen does not work, a computer program will not open (like Chrome or Word), sound or mic not working, things like that.
• PLEASE try to do a full power off, wait at least a minute, then power back on, to see if that fixes the issue. That truly can fix a multitude of issues.
• Please include your full name and email address we can reply to.
• Please describe in detail the issue. Please don’t just say it does not work.
• If there is a pop up message what exactly does it say?
• If you can use the snipping tool to take screen shots of error messages that is very helpful. Just search for the word snip and you should find that.
· Any girls interested in trying out for the tennis team for the first time this spring should contact Coach Love to get more information. Go to the Girls Tennis page on goshenredhawks.org to send him an email.
· The GHS boys’ golf team is looking for some team members this spring. No matter what your skill level or experience is, consider playing golf for GHS this year. If you missed the meeting but would like more information, contact the boys golf head coach, Brent Randall, at email@example.com
Out of Season Activities:
· Any girl interested in volleyball should be attending morning workouts with Strength and Conditioning Coach Miller 2 days a week.
· Any boy interested in playing football in the fall should attend off-season workouts on Mondays and Wednesday’s in the weight room from 3:45-5pm. You must have a physical on file to participate.