GHS ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR MONDAY, JANUARY 11, 2021
There is NO SCHOOL on Monday, January 18 due to the holiday.
COURSE 5: All students currently attending in-person in grades 7-12 have been extended to Course 5 until January 18. This means you will be attending virtually starting January 6-January 15. You must be logged on for the entire class. You can still be counted absent for not attending or late/tardy if you arrive late or leave early.
If you have one of the issues listed below, please email your counselor and let them know what the problem is. Due to the current circumstances and since we can’t call you in to discuss your schedule in detail, please be specific when you email us your change(s).
Here are some examples of common scheduling issues:
- I am missing this class _______________________________.
- I am in the wrong level of my class (ex. not in honors, wrong level of language)
- I have already taken and passed___________________________. I would like to take _______________________instead.
Miss seeing all of your friends’ faces? We do too. Get the GHS yearbook to keep this crazy year’s memories all in one place! The 2020-21 yearbook is currently only $60. Buy now at jostens.com before the prices go up! Contact Ms. Shetler with questions.
Attention Seniors (and juniors graduating early):
Thank you to the approximately 150 students who have already ordered your cap, gown, and tassel.
All students participating in the graduation ceremony are expected to have a cap, gown, and tassel. The deadline to order is January 21st. Orders received after this date will have a late fee applied.
Here is the link to purchase the cap/gown/tassel package. The cost before sales tax is $29.95. https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/productDetail/1073026/Goshen-High-School/-/1351904766/CATALOG_REPOSITORY/Cap-and-Gown-Unit/1351904802/
Some of you have older siblings and will reuse their cap and gown. Here is the link to purchase only a tassel. The cost before sales tax is $8.95. https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/productDetail/1073026/Goshen-High-School/-/1351904766/CATALOG_REPOSITORY/Souvenir-Tassel/1351904849/
If you have any questions or need financial assistance please contact Mrs. Jenny Clark – email@example.com
Jostens has extended our lower price orders until January 23, 2020. If you order after that, the price will increase! Get your orders in sooner than later. Look for ordering information on ParentSquare!
If you need library books, you can place a hold through Destiny or you can also email Mrs. Hartzler (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you’re not sure how to place a book on hold in Destiny, there is a how-to video on the Learning Commons Canvas page. The books will be delivered to your doorstep! Keep reading, RedHawks!
Ski Club: This is normally the time of year that we would be registering for our 2021 ski club season. Unfortunately, current Covid restrictions and uncertain future restrictions make a normal season unlikely. Keep checking announcements, hopefully we can do some single sessions ski trips. Email Mrs. Clark, email@example.com, with questions.
GCS has been offering meals for students in grades 7-12 while they are in Course V. We will continue to do that, but due to low numbers, we will not be able to offer meals at every Goshen School. Meals will now be offered from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. at Goshen High School, Goshen Middle School, Chamberlain Elementary, Waterford Elementary, and West Goshen Elementary. If you have not utilized this service, but would like to now, you may sign up at http://www.goshenschools.org/meal-sign-up. Parents may pick up meals for students if they have the GCS Student ID number. Students may also pick up for other family members, neighbors, or friends, providing they have the Student ID numbers.
Nurse Wendy is available to answer any questions regarding Covid-19 between the hours of 8am-8pm Monday-Friday and on Sundays. If you email her during other times of the day, please expect an answer after 8am. If you are unsure if you should come to school, please do not come to school until you have heard back from Nurse Wendy.
GTV students are working hard to bring you information about people and events here at GHS and beyond that have an impact on you.
Here’s how you can help:
- Email us ideas for announcements, sports, or entertainment
- Subscribe and like our videos
- Listen to GTV Radio on Radio Horizonte 104.3FM
- Tune-in app – http://tun.in/sfuAt
- Join GTV Radio – behind the scenes or on-air!
- Email Mr. Sapp – firstname.lastname@example.org
School pictures will now be held on the morning of Friday, January 29th. They will be available to both in-person students and ROA students. More information will be send out as we get closer to that date!
We are giving all students free for their regular school meal; breakfast and lunch. This is due to an USDA waiver! IF a student wants a second meal or a la carte items they will be charged. Adults MUST pay for their meals. They are NOT included in this free program. Extra milk for packers is NOT free they must still pay. These free meals to all will last until the end of the 2020-2021 school year!!!
GCS needs every middle and high school student to have a daily self-assessment agreement on file, signed by a parent or guardian. These can be filled out and emailed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. They can also be printed and sent in to GMS or GHS.
WORK PERMITS: When you get a work permit EVERY box needs to be filled out on the Intent to Employ form before we will issue you the work permit. Please bring completed forms to the main office in the morning and they will be completed by the end of the school day.
REMINDER: Students are to wear their IDs at all times. You MUST have your ID to purchase a lunch in the cafeteria. If you forget your ID you can get one at the Welcome Center for $1. If you need a lanyard they are $1, or we can provide string for free.
MEETINGS DURING SRT:
- French Club will be meeting next Tuesday Jan. 12 during the 2nd session of SRT on zoom! The zoom link can be found on your French Canvas page. We will be learning about and celebrating la fête des rois. Hope to see you then!
UPDATED scholarship links:
If you have any questions, please see Ms. Embriz.
Students, if you are having trouble with your school laptop, you are welcome to email your school computer support at GHS_TRC@goshenschools.org (Notice there is an underscore after GCS, that is not a blank space.) If you are having trouble with a lesson, please contact your teacher. Contact GHS_TRC@goshenschools.org for things like; it will not power on, the charger is not working, the screen does not work, a computer program will not open (like Chrome or Word), sound or mic not working, things like that.
- PLEASE try to do a full power off, wait at least a minute, then power back on, to see if that fixes the issue. That truly can fix a multitude of issues.
- Please include your full name and email address we can reply to.
- Please describe in detail the issue. Please don’t just say it does not work.
- If there is a pop up message what exactly does it say?
- If you can use the snipping tool to take screen shots of error messages that is very helpful. Just search for the word snip and you should find that.
In Sports Action:
- The boys’ Freshman basketball team will compete against West Noble at West Noble High School starting at 6:00PM.
- The girls’ C basketball team will compete against Concord at Concord High School starting at 7:15PM.
- Goshen JV basketball fell to Concord 48-43. Goshen was led in scoring by Lleyton Weddell and Ryan Eldridge with 8 points each.
- Goshen Varsity basketball defeated Concord 47-45. Goshen was led in scoring by Drew Hogan with 20 points and Quinn Bechtel with 13 points.
- Goshen boys’ Freshman basketball fell to SB Adams 50-39. Goshen was led in scoring by Tristan Oler and Ray Harris with 11 points each.
- Goshen boys’ Freshman basketball also fell to Fairfield 29-26. Goshen was led in scoring by Tristan Oler with 9 points.
- Goshen Girls Swim and Dive defeated Wawasee, 94-84. Goshen Boys Swim and Dive fell to Wawasee, 92-91. Top finishers for the RedHawks include: Sam Hunter (Girls 200 IM, 100 Fly), Nick Zehr (Boys 200 IM), Skye Steury (Boys 50 Free, 100 Breast), Avah DeVoe (Girls Diving), Caden Hodge (Boys Diving), Norah George-Miller (Girls 100 Free), Levi Moser (Boys 500 Free), Girls 200 Free Relay (Norah George-Miller, Vanessa Murillo-Cruz, Casey Farver, Sam Hunter), Boys 200 Free Relay (Skye Steury, Jackson Gaby, Levi Moser, Nick Zehr). Both Girls and Boys season records are now 8-6, NLC 4-3. Girls will compete next week in NLCs.
- The JV Lady RedHawks beat host Wawasee by a final score of 30-25. Leading scorers for Goshen were Brooklynn Collins with 7 points, Kyra Hill with 6 points and Trinity Nemeth with 5 points.
- The Goshen Varsity Lady RedHawks improve to 13-3 on the season winning 58-14 on the road vs. Concord High School. The RedHawks were led by Tyra Marcum with 20 pts, Brynn Shoup-Hill 18 pts, Tori Eldridge 8 pts, Megan Gallagher 6 pts, Bryana Cline 4 pts, and Sarah Harmelink 2 pts.
- The Goshen RedHawks compete in the Jon Dechant Invitational. The team placed 3rd Tournament Championships were Nick Olson-126 and Vicente Eckman-113.
Out of Season Activities:
- Any boys who are interested in boys’ track and field this year, please contact Coach Kauffman at email@example.com and let him know the following information: Name, cell phone number, and events that you are interested in competing in. Beginning December 7ththere will be workouts in the Warehouse for any boys track athlete wanting to Pole Vault, High Jump, Long Jump, and Shot Put. These sessions will be held Monday’s and Tuesdays from 6:00-7:30 pm. More details will be provided as December 7th gets closer.
- Volleyball will have limited contact from 12/8-2/4 from 6am-7:45am Tue/Thurs. Excluding Winter break.
For athletic hub: For those kids who need to take a bus from eLearning at home to athletic practices at GHS or GMS, here is the pick-up times and locations.
- Prairie View-2:35PM
- West Goshen-3:00PM
- GMS drop off-3:15PM
- GHS drop off-3:25PM
The bus will have internet access and the kids will be expected to be online in class while on the bus. Coaches are also analyzing current practice start times, as we may start 15 – 30 minutes later to allow for travel from home to practices.
Winter sport Athletic tickets and Pay/view:
- Now that attendance is not an option, all varsity/JV basketball games in the main gym and swimming events at the GMS Aquatic Center will be live streamed for free. Visit goshenredhawks.org and the Ticket Info/Boosters tab for the link.
For winter sports, we are currently in a situation where only families of participating student-athletes have access to tickets. This is re-evaluated week by week and when we are able to return to 25% of capacity, we will then be able to offer tickets to students and staff. Staff ID’s will not be honored for admission unless the staff has been notified by the athletic department.