GHS ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2020
Transition to Course 3 has started! Please note the schedule below. In-person 9th and 10th graders will be IN SCHOOL Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. 11th and 12th graders will join us next week. This schedule does NOT affect RedHawk Online Academy students.
|3rd||9:58-11:24||SRT check-in||9:58-10:28||1st||9:15-9:45||SRT check-in||9:58-10:28||3rd||9:58-11:24|
|5th||11:31-2:01||SRT resource||10:33-11:24||2nd||10:00-10:30||SRT resource||10:33-11:24||5th||11:31-2:01|
|Week of September 21||Week of September 21|
|Grades 9 and 10: In person||Grades 9 and 10: In person|
|Grades 11 and 12: Students A-L will be in person.||Grades 11 and 12: Students M-Z will be in person.|
|Grades 11 and 12: Students M-Z will be Zooming in.||Grades 11 and 12: Students A-L will be Zooming in.|
|Week of September 28||Week of September 28|
|Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12: In person||Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12: In person|
RightWay Automotive Credit at 2600 Elkhart Road in Goshen is hosting at Car Show and Smoker this Saturday, 9/26, from 3 – 7 PM. All proceeds from the event will go to Goshen High School Athletics. If you have a chance, please stop by to look at vintage cars, have a meal, and it all goes to support our student-athletes!
During the month of October, the high school community promotes the value of high school athletics and activities such as speech, music, theater and band. This special time is referred to as National High School Activities Month, which was created to increase the public’s awareness of the values and needs of interscholastic activity programs.
We are going all students free for their regular school meal; breakfast and lunch. This is due to an USDA waiver! IF a student wants a second meal or a la carte items they will be charged. Adults MUST pay for their meals. They are NOT included in this free program. Extra milk for packers is NOT free they must still pay. This free meals to all will last until the money runs out or December 31st. If the money runs out on Oct 25th then on the 26th everyone is back to paying if they do not qualify.
School pictures will now be held on the morning of Friday, January 29th. They will be available to both in-person students and ROA students. More information will be send out as we get closer to that date!
GTV is here to tell the story of Goshen High School. That means GTV wants to tell your story. The student producers of GTV want to put your stories on our weekly announcements. Tell us about the great things you are doing, your friends are doing, or even maybe something one of your teachers is doing. If you have an announcement idea, send email@example.com
Don’t forget to go to the GTV channel and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/c/ghsgtv
Check out the new GTV Radio on Radio Horizonte 104.3FM – in English and Spanish! Students produce a 30 minute radio program with announcements, sports, and interviews. The first 15 minutes are in English and the second 15 minutes are in Spanish. Think of it like radio announcements with small podcasts. Check us out on the radio at 104.3FM or on Tune-In http://tun.in/sfuAt.
Join GTV Radio!!! We’re also looking for students who want to volunteer in our broadcasts. We need students to write, students to be on-air, students to operate audio software and hardware. Learn and practice new skills or even old ones! If you’re interested in volunteering, please email Mr. Sapp @ firstname.lastname@example.org. Come be a part of the new GTV Radio.
There will be a drama club meeting IN PERSON on Thursday, October 1! We will meet in the auditorium from 3:45-5:00 in order to social distance. Please enter the auditorium through the stage doors in the music hallway. No prior theater experience is necessary! We will be discussing acting opportunities, getting to know each other, and playing games. Please contact Ms. Pobocik (email@example.com) if you have questions! We can’t wait to see you!
Homework help is available every Tuesday and Thursday in the Cafeteria from 3:45-4:50 p.m. You must be in the Cafeteria by 3:50 p.m. in order to stay for this. You are expected to exit the building through door M where a bus will be available at 5:15 p.m. if you need a ride home. This bus is for students who stay for after-hours help ONLY. This is a great opportunity if you just need a little extra time or even just a quiet place to do your homework at the end of the day.
GCS needs every middle and high school student to have a daily self-assessment agreement on file, signed by a parent or guardian. These can be filled out and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. They can also be printed and sent in to GMS or GHS.
COLLEGE GO! SPIRIT WEEK:
Each year Learn More Indiana host the College GO! events throughout the state. This year the College Application Week is September 21-25 and GHS will be hosting a week of events! Please check out the “College GO! and College Application Week” module with more information available through the GHS Counseling Office in Canvas.
- Friday: Off to college
Wear your favorite college gear.
Seniors, please click here for an updated list of scholarships. All available scholarships have either a website or a PDF file linked. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Embriz.
- The Goshen boys’ JV soccer tied Warsaw 1-1. Goshen goal scorers: Emmanuel Diaz-Ruiz. Goshen assists: Antonio Hernandez.
- The GHS RedHawks boys varsity soccer team hosted the Warsaw Tigers, and came away with a victory by a score of 1-0. The defense played well, giving up no goals. Josh Cruz scored the goal for Goshen. Bryan Landin had an assist for Goshen. The win improves the varsity’s record to 6-6-1 on the season, and 2-3-1 in the NLC.
- Thursday night the C Team Goshen RedHawks took on the Concord Minutemen at Concord High School. The C team RedHawks won 21-6. Leading the offense for the RedHawks was Payton Bontrager. He had 110 yards rushing and two touchdowns. Jaelin Gabriel ran for 75 yards and one touchdown. The defense played an outstanding game. Drew Elliott had an interception. Hampton Rivera, Sam Vargas, and David Martinez all had multiple tackles in the game.
- The boys’ tennis team went 2-3 in the 2nd round of the NLC Tourney at Concord Thursday night. 2 of the 3 losses went the distance in a 3rd set. Carlos Lichty at #2 Singles & Moses Sawatzky at #3 Singles advanced to the championship matches on Saturday.
- Goshen Varsity volleyball defeats Concord 3-0; 25-22,25-20,25-22. Leading attackers were Brynn Shoup-Hill with 12 kills followed by Kathryn Detweiler with 10. Megan Gallagher had 33 assists and Janiece Herrera had 7.
- The JV volleyball team lost to Concord 0-2.
In Sports Action Today:
- The Varsity football team will compete against Warsaw at Warsaw High School today starting at 7:00PM.
- The Varsity girls’ golf team will compete in Regionals at Noble Hawk Golf Course in Kendallville starting at 8:30AM.
- The Varsity volleyball team will compete in the Crown Point Invitational at Crown Point High School starting at 9:00AM.
- The boys’ Varsity soccer team will compete against Mishawaka High School at Baker Park in Mishawaka starting at 9:00AM.
- The Varsity girls’ and boys’ cross country teams will race in the New Haven Classic at Huntington University starting at 9:00AM.
- The JV girls’ and boys’ cross country teams will race in the New Haven Classic at Purdue Fort Wayne starting at 9:00AM.
- The boys’ Varsity tennis team will compete in the NLC finals at Goshen Middle School starting at 9:00AM.
- The girls’ JV and Varsity soccer teams will compete against John Adams at South Bend John Adams High School starting at 10:00AM. The JV game to follow at 12:00PM.
- The JV football team will compete against Warsaw High School at GHS starting at 10:00AM.
- The boys’ C team and Varsity soccer teams will compete against West Noble at West Noble High School starting at 4:30PM. The Varsity game to follow at 6:00PM.
For athletic hub: check with the athletic department if you need a bus ride to school for practice.
For tickets: visit www.goshenredhawks.org for the weekly Ticket Plan to see when game tickets for certain events are available.
The varsity football ticket pre-sale for this Friday’s game at Warsaw is as follows:
Tickets are $6 apiece and are paper tickets only. There is no digital ticket option. It is likely there will be tickets available at the gate on Friday, but no guarantees. Varsity football team members can purchase tickets in the athletic office Tuesday and Wednesday and can buy up to 3 tickets. Students and staff can buy a ticket on Thursday and through noon on Friday. At this point, each student and staff can purchase 1 ticket, but if we have plenty after player sales, we may increase that. Go RedHawks.