- On Monday, 9/27, Coach Sloan will hold a meeting on the upper deck of the main gym during 2nd session of SRT for any girl or guy interested in basketball sideline cheerleading or GMEN. Please come by to learn more about the cheer team at GHS.
- Swim & Dive Pre-Season practices will be on Tuesday’s and Thursday’s from 4 – 6 PM at the GCS Aquatic Center starting (September 14) and going through October 14. Anyone interested in being on the Swim & Dive team is welcome to come, but must have athletic paperwork completed and on file with the Athletic Department.
- This Friday’s home football game is at 7 PM when we host Warsaw. A big thank you to L & M Electric for sponsoring free attendance for GHS students this Friday. You must show your current year school ID to gain free admission. THE THEME FOR THIS FRIDAY’S GAME IS BLACK OUT NIGHT WEAR BLACK !!
- Homecoming Week is 10/11 – 10/15 and will culminate Friday night with the home football game against Wawasee. That game will be free for all GHS students who show their ID and is being sponsored by Interra!
None to announce
- Congratulations to all of the members of the Crimson Marching Band for an outstanding performance at the Concord Invitational this past Saturday. The marching band won awards for best music, best visual and best general effect and placed 1st in class A and was the overall grand champion of the 19 bands at the event.
This coming weekend they will be the Penn invitational.
GENERAL SCHOOL INFO:
- Computer equipment – Please do not drop off computers and other equipment to the CPR room by leaving it on the step outside the door, or on top of the half door if it is open. All equipment should be turned in to a live person in the CPR room, or to the main office if no one is in the CPR room. We do not want you to have to pay for broken or lost equipment just because it wasn’t turned in properly. Thank you for helping the CPR staff, and more importantly—helping yourself!
- College Fair
Goshen High School will host the Elkhart County College Fair on Monday, October 4th from 6:00-7:30 pm. Representatives from more than 50 colleges will be available to meet students and answer questions. Multiple military branches will also be represented. Financial aid experts from INvestEd and the Goshen College will be available to answer questions about the financial aid process. If you plan to attend make sure to register for the fair with Strive Scan: it’s free, easy, and will save you time when meeting with colleges at the fair. To register go to www.StriveFair.com and get your barcode.
- What: Merit on the move is a chance for students to earn a credit through Apex for a variety of reasons including re-taking a class to get a better grade, having failed the class previously or even trying to get a credit or two ahead of schedule. Priority is given to students taking classes required to earn diplomas. Classes started in Merit on the Move must be finished by December 16th. Students who do not finish will be required to start over school year or take the course in a traditional classroom.
Who: Merit on the move is open to any sophomore, junior or senior; however, priority will be given to upperclassmen. There is a maximum of 30 students per session, so seating is limited. If you have seniors in your SRT or classes that are a credit or two short of graduating, this is the best way to get what they need!
Where: Merit on the move takes place on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 3:45-5:45PM in the Apex lab (room 2805 and 2810 aka the old weight room).
When: Classes start September 28th and run through December 16th. We will not be meeting the week of fall break. Attendance is taken and students with poor attendance will not earn credits. Special arrangements can/have been made to compensate for work and athletic/extra-curricular schedules, but again, good attendance is necessary to earn a credit. Students who do not show up the first week and do not communicate with Mr. Wolf or Mrs. Miller ahead of time, will be removed and replaced with a student on the waitlist.
How: If you would like to sign up a student, or know one that would be interested in signing up contact Mr. Wolf (email@example.com), Mrs. Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the student’s guidance counselor to get them enrolled ASAP.
Interested in applying to Goshen College?
Goshen College will be here on Wednesday, 09/29 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for on-site admissions. A sign-up sheet will be available in the Student Counseling office.
IN SPORTS ACTION TODAY:
- The Varsity football team will play against Warsaw HS at Home starting at 7:00pm
IN SPORTS ACTION THIS WEEKEND Saturday Sept 25th:
- The girls Varsity golf team will play in Regionals at Noble Hawk, time to be advised.
- The JV and Varsity Coed teams will race in the New Haven Classic at Purdue FW starting at 9:00am
- The boys Varsity tennis team will be competing in the NLC Finals at Northridge starting at 9:00am
- The JV and Varsity boys soccer teams will play against Mishawaka Marian at home. JV starts at 10:00am and Varsity starts at 12:00pm
- The JV Football team will play against Warsaw HS at Warsaw starting 10:00am
- The JV and Varsity girls soccer teams will play against John Adams at home. JV starts at 2:00pm and Varsity starts at 4:00pm
- The Goshen Varsity Girls soccer team tied DeKalb at home 2-2. Caylin Martinez scored both goals for the RedHawks. The team is 8-4-1 overall and 5-1 in the NLC. The next game is Saturday at home for senior day against South Bend Adams at 4pm.
The RedHawks JV team defeated DeKalb 3-0. Scoring goals for Goshen were Kim Coronado, Elsie Martinez, and Daniela Romo. Assists went to Mia Diaz, and two to Brenda Diaz. The team is now 8-5 overall and 4-2 in the NLC. The next game is at home at 2pm on Saturday against South Bend Adams
- The GHS RedHawks boys varsity soccer team traveled to play against the Warsaw Community High School Tigers on September 23 and lost by a score of 2-3.
Assists for Goshen: Arturo Hernandez-Barrera
Goals for Goshen: own goal, Kovan Drenth (1).
The loss brings the varsity’s record to 6-7-1 overall, and 4-2-1 in the NLC.
The RedHawks host Mishawaka Marian on Saturday, September 25. The JV plays at 10:00am while the varsity plays at 12:00pm.
- The opening of a new restaurant in the old Kelly Jae’s space on Main Street called Biebs & Ash is a fast casual burger restaurant, hoping to open in the next few weeks.
They are looking for quality high school students ages 16 and up. They are looking for dependable, hardworking, sociable students for part time positions within the restaurant. Pay ranges from $10-$16/hr depending on job.
Available positions include:
Dining Room Attendants
David Lucchese & Ashley Robinson
Biebs & Ash