March 13, 2020
Dear GCS Families and Community:
Here is what we currently know and are doing with regard to COVID-19:
- We are currently OPEN.
- We are following the guidance of the Elkhart Co. Health Department. They are the medical specialists; we are education specialists.
- We have postponed the GHS musical and many other GCS activities – check our website and social media for updates.
- All GCS spring break student travel has been cancelled.
- Only field trips and extracurricular activities within Elkhart County are being allowed.
- Should we need to close, we will use a combination of E-Learning and Waiver days.
- Should we need to close, we will provide work for all classified staff if they wish to work; they may also choose to take off without pay.
- Should we need to close, we will provide Food Service for our students, somewhat like the Summer Foods Program.
- At this time, GCS is open and available for Kindergarten Registration at Central Registration, located at 613 E. Purl St. If you would like to avoid coming in, we offer the option of online enrollment by visiting goshenschools.org and completing online registration. If you have question, comments or concerns in regard to registration, you may contact Central Registration at 574-971-4149.
- You may check the GCS website and social media for further updates.
WE WILL HAVE SPANISH TRANSLATION AVAILABLE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE ON THE GCS AND SCHOOLS TWITTER AND FACEBOOK ACCOUNTS (yet this afternoon).