- Quantity: Each graduate will receive 4 free tickets. Due to a large number of graduates and a limited amount of seating, we can only provide 4 tickets to each graduate.
- Pick up: Tickets may be picked up on Friday, May 27, before and after the Graduation Rehearsal. Students must present an ID to receive tickets.
- Guests: All guests, including babies, attending graduation will require a ticket to be admitted to Foreman Field. Students should distribute their tickets to family members prior to entering the school.
- Extra tickets: Tickets issued that are not needed should be returned to the main office for redistribution to those that may need more. If you require more tickets, contact the Principal’s Secretary, Ms. Greccia Garcia at 574.533.8651 to be put on the “extra ticket request” list.
- Handicap seating: There is limited handicap seating in the bleachers. Please let us know as soon as possible if anyone in your family needs reserved seats. We will reserve seats for you under your name, but your family should still arrive early. At 5:40 any unused seats will be released to the public. Contact Mrs. Jenny Clark, Senior Class Sponsor, at email@example.com.
Cap and Gown Information
- Required: In order to participate in the graduation ceremony, you must wear a cap and gown.
- Prior to Ceremony: Get your gown out of the packaging early to get the wrinkles out. Do not iron or wash.
- If you have not picked up your cap and gown, please get them from the main office.
- If you still need to order one, there are extras in the main office that can be purchased for $50. Cash only.
- Thursday, June 2, 2022, at 6:00 – 6:30 pm in the Goshen High School Auditorium
- This is an optional event
- Wear your cap and gown.
Senior Awards Night
- Thursday, June 2, 2022, at 7:00 pm in the Goshen High School Auditorium
- Students line up in the GHS Cafeteria by 6:45 pm.
- This is an optional event. Students who will be receiving awards will have received an invitation.
- Due to limited space in the auditorium, please limit the number of guests to parents and/or guardians.
- Wear your cap and gown.
Graduation Rehearsal Schedule
- Rehearsal is mandatory for all graduates who are participating in the commencement ceremony.
- Friday, May 27, 2022, at 2:00 pm in Whiteman Gym.
- Rehearsal will take approximately an hour, and final instructions will be given for graduation.
- Do not wear your cap and gown.
Graduation Day Schedule
- Graduate Arrival: Students meet in the GHS Cafeteria no later than 5:00 pm.
- Guests: The football field opens at 4:45 pm for guests.
- Gates Close: Gates to the football field close promptly at 5:45 pm to allow for the graduates to line up. Guests may not be admitted after. Arrive early and prepare for extra time to park.
- Start time: The ceremony begins at 6:00 pm.
- Inclement Weather: If the ceremony needs to be delayed due to inclement weather, the announcement will be made by 4:00 pm. Please watch for social media announcements, specifically @goshenprincipal and @GoshenSchools.
- Rain Date: If the ceremony is delayed, graduation will be held on Monday, June 6 at 6:00 pm. The arrival time, gate time, and ceremony times are the same.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- What to wear: Wear comfortable shoes, no heels. Shoes with heels are not allowed on the turf field.
- NO MODIFICATIONS TO CAP AND GOWN- if you decorate something or add things, you will not walk. Graduation is a privilege, not a right. Please respect that this is a ceremony for the community as well as the senior class.
- If you walk, you must have a cap and gown (or a class A uniform, if in the military).
- Tassels should hang on the RIGHT side.
- Regalia: ONLY school-sponsored regalia should be worn during graduation. Please do not wear any other pins, cords, medals, stoles, etc.
- Cell phones should be kept on “silent”, and kept out of sight throughout the entire graduation ceremony. There should be no texting during the ceremony.
- Fees: Please take care of any fees you may owe GHS prior to graduation. Those fees may include textbook rental fees, uncollected fundraiser money, music or uniform fees, athletic fees or equipment costs, unreturned library books, and missing or unreturned textbooks. No payments will be accepted on the day of graduation. You may make payments through June 3 at 3:00 p.m. in the GHS bookkeeper’s office.
- Laptops: Students will also not be given the option to buy their laptops, so they must be turned in prior to graduation. If you do not turn in your device, you will be charged for it.
- Grad Requirements: Students must have met all graduation requirements by graduation day in order to walk in commencement. If you have questions, please check with your school counselor.
- Photography: Official photos will be taken during graduation by a professional photographer. You will be able to order those following graduation.
- Diploma: You will receive a diploma cover during the graduation ceremony. You may pick up your official diploma in the Whiteman gym after graduation. If you do not get your diploma at that time, you may come to GHS Main Office. Office hours beginning June 6 are 7:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Thursday.
- Celebratory items: Please ask family members not to bring flowers, stuffed animals, and/or balloons to the graduation ceremony. It will be crowded in the bleachers, and there will not be room for gifts.
- Items not allowed: Airhorns, balloons, gift bags, flowers, umbrellas, baby strollers, etc. These items will not be allowed through the gate – they must be left in cars.
- Applause – Please hold all applause until the end of the ceremony so that all names can be heard. People causing disruptions during the ceremony will be asked to leave.
- Bleacher seating: Please ask your guests to remain seated during the ceremony and not leave until the end of the ceremony. No one should stand along the railing, or on the stairs. It blocks the view of those others.
Please watch for updates on social media.