Need Help Completing the FAFSA, http://www.collegegoalsunday.org/
View the list of Electives 2019-2020
View the Current Diploma Requirements
College Fair – September 30, 2019 (GHS Cafeteria)
6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
Our mission as school counselors at Goshen High School is to provide a comprehensive counseling program that attends to the personal/social, academic and career preparation/college planning needs of all student. Services include individual counseling, academic support, crisis intervention, career and college planning, and student and family advocacy. Our goal is to promote a commitment to life-long learning, personal, and academic growth and to aid students in becoming responsible, culturally aware, and productive members of society. Our mission and our goal will be supported and further strengthened by consultation with teachers, staff, administrators, parents, and community advocates.
The counselors at Goshen High School believe that:
- all students have dignity and worth
- all students can achieve and be successful learners
- the school counselors’ primary purpose is to advocate for the student
- school counselors adhere to the Standards for School Counseling Programs in Goshen Community Schools and to the American School Counselor Association’s Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
- school counselors should pursue opportunities to develop their professional competencies to ensure the provision of a quality school counseling program
- the School Counseling Program is a critical component within the school system and is integral to the academic, personal/social, and career development and progress of each student
- the School Counseling Program helps build a positive school environment by encouraging collaboration among counselors, teachers, administrators, parents and the community to further student achievement
- the comprehensive School Counseling Program continuously refined and improved through systematic review and evaluation of data