GHS ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 6, 2021
COURSE 5: All students currently attending in-person in grades 7-12 have been extended to Course 5 until January 18. This means you will be attending virtually starting January 6-January 15. You must be logged on for the entire class. You can still be counted absent for not attending or late/tardy if you arrive late or leave early.
Jostens has extended our lower price orders until January 23, 2020. If you order after that, the price will increase! Get your orders in sooner than later. Look for ordering information on ParentSquare!
GCS has been offering meals for students in grades 7-12 while they are in Course V. We will continue to do that, but due to low numbers, we will not be able to offer meals at every Goshen School. Meals will now be offered from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. at Goshen High School, Goshen Middle School, Chamberlain Elementary, Waterford Elementary, and West Goshen Elementary. If you have not utilized this service, but would like to now, you may sign up at http://www.goshenschools.org/meal-sign-up. Parents may pick up meals for students if they have the GCS Student ID number. Students may also pick up for other family members, neighbors, or friends, providing they have the Student ID numbers.
MEETINGS DURING SRT:
- French Club will be meeting next Tuesday Jan. 12 during the 2nd session of SRT on zoom! The zoom link can be found on your French Canvas page. We will be learning about and celebrating la fête des rois. Hope to see you then!
Sports Results Over Break:
- On Dec. 22, Goshen boys’ JV basketball defeated Fairfield 36-33. Nathan Pinarski hit a last second shot for the win and led the team with 11 points.
- On Dec. 22, Goshen boys’ Varsity basketball defeated Fairfield 56-51. Goshen was led in scoring by Drew Hogan with 31 points.
- On Dec. 22, Goshen boys’ freshman basketball lost to Fairfield 32-27.
- On Dec. 22, the Lady RedHawks Varsity basketball fall to host Homestead High School 50-46. The RedHawks were led by Brynn Shoup-Hill 22 pts, Tori Eldridge 9 pts, and Megan Gallagher 8 pts.
- On Dec. 22, the JV Lady RedHawks lost to Homestead by a final score of 61-23.
- On Dec. 23, the Goshen Varsity Wrestling defeated Warsaw 46-30. Winners for Goshen were: 106-Cole, 113-Vicente, 120-Nolan, 126-Nick, 132-Sebastian, 145-Rayhan, 152-Fabian, 160-Eddy, and 220-Jonathan.
- On Dec. 29, the Lady RedHawks win 46-36 on the road vs the Lady Eagles of Columbia City. Seniors Brynn Shoup-Hill 20 pts and Megan Gallagher 16 pts to lead the RedHawks. Tori Eldridge and Tyra Marcum both with 4 points and Sarah Harmelink added 2 points in the win.
- On Dec. 29, the JV Lady RedHawks were defeated by Columbia City by a final score of 23-33.
- On Dec. 31, the JV Lady RedHawks participated in the Plymouth JV Holiday Tourney, Goshen went 1 and 1 on the day with a tough loss to Plymouth 46-53, and a hard fought overtime win over Kankakee Valley 31-30.
- On Jan. 2, Goshen boys’ JV basketball defeated LaVille 35-30. Goshen was led in scoring by Will Herschberger with 9 points.
- On Jan. 2, Goshen boys’ Varsity basketball defeated LaVille 59-55 in overtime. Goshen was led in scoring by Drew Hogan with 19, Deecon Hill with 18, and Gage Worthman with 17 points.
- On Jan. 2, In session 1: of the 2020 Goshen Holiday Tourney the Lady RedHawks win 54-26 vs the Lady Barons of DeKalb High School. The RedHawks were led by Brynn Shoup-Hill with 27 pts. Briana Valderrama and Tyra Marcum both added 6 pts, Kyra Hill 4 pts, Megan Gallagher, Breyana Cline, Tori Eldridge all added 3pts.
In session 2: of the 2020 Goshen Holiday Tourney the Lady RedHawks win 50-38 vs the Lady Bobcats of Oregon Davis. The Lady RedHawks were led by Brynn Shoup-Hill with 30 pts and Tyra Marcum 12 pts, Tori Eldridge 4 pts, and Megan Gallagher 3 pts to help the RedHawks improve to 11-2 (2-0).
- On Jan. 2, Goshen Wrestling competed and lost 31-41 against Plymouth and lost 36-42 against East Noble. Goshen is 3-8 on the year and 1-4 in the NLC.
- On Jan. 5, the Lady RedHawks lose at home 55-34 vs the visiting Knight of Marian High School. The RedHawks were led by Brynn Shoup-Hill 17pts,Tyra Marcum 12pts, Megan Gallagher 4pts, and Tori Eldridge 2pts in the loss. The RedHawks fall to 11-3 (2-0 NLC) on the season.
- On Jan. 5, the JV Lady RedHawks were defeated by Mishawka Marian by a final score of 28-52.
- On Jan. 5, Goshen RedHawks Swim and Dive completed their Christmas Break training with a win over Northwood; Girls winning 125-51 putting their season record to 6-5, NLC 3-3 and Boys winning 113-73, season record 7-4, NLC 4-2. Top Finishers for Goshen Girls include: Girls 200 Medley Relay (Eve Miller, Olivia Goertz, Sam Hunter, Vanessa Murillo-Cruz), Girls 200 Free (Norah George-Miller, Chloe Franks, Jenna VanderWey took 1-2-3), Sam Hunter (Girls 200 IM), Olivia Goertz (Girls 50 Free), Girls 100 Fly (Sam Hunter, Vanessa Murillo-Cruz took 1-2), Norah George-Miller (Girls 100 Free), Girls 500 Free (Maggie Dorn, Maya Narayan, Chloe Franks took 1-2-3), Girls 200 Free Relay (Eve Miller, Norah George-Miller, Maggie Dorn, Sam Hunter), Girls 100 Back (Eve Miller, Vanessa Murillo-Cruz took 1-2), Girls 400 Free Relays took 1-2 (Maya Narayan, Maggie Dorn, Vanessa Murillo-Cruz, Norah George-Miller and Jenna VanderWey, Natalie Freeze, Chloe Franks, Jill Sweetser). Top Finishers for Goshen Boys include: Boys 200 Free (Jackson Gaby, Levi Moser took 1-2), Boys 200 IM (Nick Zehr, Will Franks took 1-2), Boys 50 Free (Skye Steury, Drew Sweetser took 1-2), Boys 100 Fly (Nick Zehr, Drew Sweetser took 1-2), Jackson Gaby (Boys 100 Free), Boys 500 Free (Levi Moser, Jeremy Stutzman took 1-2), Boys 200 Free Relay (Jackson Gaby, Will Franks, Max Yegorov, Skye Steury), Jeremy Stutzman (Boys 100 Back), Boys 100 Breast (Skye Steury, Will Franks took 1-2), Boys 400 Free Relays also took 1-2 (Levi Moser, Jackson Gaby, Max Yegorov, Skye Steury and Logan Harkenrider, Drew Sweetser, Nick Zehr, Jeremy Stutzman).
- On Jan. 5, Goshen boys’ Varsity basketball fell to Michigan City Marquette 61-47. Goshen was led in scoring by Drew Hogan with 15 and Deecon Hill with 12 points.
- On Jan. 5, Goshen boys’ JV basketball defeated Michigan City Marquette 38-35. Goshen was led in scoring by Will Herschberger with 9 points.
Out of Season Activities:
- Any boys who are interested in boys’ track and field this year, please contact Coach Kauffman at firstname.lastname@example.org and let him know the following information: Name, cell phone number, and events that you are interested in competing in. There will be workouts in the Warehouse for any boys track athlete wanting to Pole Vault, High Jump, Long Jump, and Shot Put. These sessions will be held Monday’s and Tuesdays from 6:00-7:30 pm.
- Volleyball will have limited contact from 12/8-2/4 from 6am-7:45am Tue/Thurs. Excluding Winter break.
For athletic hub:
For those kids who need to take a bus from eLearning at home to athletic practices at GHS or GMS, here are the pick-up times and locations:
- Prairie View-2:35PM
- West Goshen-3:00PM
- GMS drop off-3:15PM
- GHS drop off-3:25PM
The bus will have internet access and the kids will be expected to be online in class while on the bus. Coaches are also analyzing current practice start times, as we may start 15 – 30 minutes later to allow for travel from home to practices.
Winter sport Athletic tickets and Pay/view:
- Now that attendance is not an option, all varsity/JV basketball games in the main gym and swimming at the GMS Aquatic Center will be live streamed for free. Visit goshenredhawks.org and the Ticket Info/Boosters tab for the link.
For winter sports, we are currently in a situation where only families of participating student-athletes have access to tickets. This is re-evaluated week by week and when we are able to return to 25% of capacity, we will then be able to offer tickets to students and staff. Staff ID’s will not be honored for admission unless the staff has been notified by the athletic department.