GHS ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15, 2020
Transition to Course 3 starts next week! Please note the schedule below. In-person 9th and 10th graders will be IN SCHOOL Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. This schedule does NOT affect RedHawk Online Academy students.
|3rd||9:58-11:24||SRT check-in||9:58-10:28||1st||9:15-9:45||SRT check-in||9:58-10:28||3rd||9:58-11:24|
|5th||11:31-2:01||SRT resource||10:33-11:24||2nd||10:00-10:30||SRT resource||10:33-11:24||5th||11:31-2:01|
|Week of September 21||Week of September 21|
|Grades 9 and 10: In person||Grades 9 and 10: In person|
|Grades 11 and 12: Students A-L will be in person.||Grades 11 and 12: Students M-Z will be in person.|
|Grades 11 and 12: Students M-Z will be Zooming in.||Grades 11 and 12: Students A-L will be Zooming in.|
|Week of September 28||Week of September 28|
|Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12: In person||Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12: In person|
Starting TODAY we are going all students free for their regular school meal; breakfast and lunch. This is due to an USDA waiver! IF a student wants a second meal or a la carte items they will be charged. Adults MUST pay for their meals. They are NOT included in this free program. Extra milk for packers is NOT free they must still pay. This free meals to all will last until the money runs out or December 31st. If the money runs out on Oct 25th then on the 26th everyone is back to paying if they do not qualify.
There will be a drama club meeting IN PERSON on Thursday, October 1! We will meet in the auditorium from 3:45-5:00 in order to social distance. Please enter the auditorium through the stage doors in the music hallway. No prior theatre experience is necessary! We will be discussing acting opportunities, getting to know each other, and playing games. Please contact Ms. Pobocik (email@example.com) if you have questions! We can’t wait to see you!
It’s that time of year again! The Women’s soccer team is selling pies made by Dan’s Pies from North Webster Indiana. If you would like to buy one feel free to find a soccer player or send an email to either Coach Hulbert or Coach Bontreger! The last day that we will be selling pies is September 23 which is a Wednesday. The delivery of the pies will be October 7. Thanks for supporting your Lady soccer Red Hawks!
GCS needs every middle and high school student to have a daily self-assessment agreement on file, signed by a parent or guardian. These can be filled out and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. They can also be printed and sent in to GMS or GHS.
Seniors, please click here for an updated list of scholarships. All available scholarships have either a website or a PDF file linked. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Embriz.
*Newly Added Scholarship: Scholarship America Dream Award
- Last night the Varsity lady RedHawks golf team played against Fairfield and Mishawaka Marian at Eberhart Golf Course. Not able to have much of a warm-up, the ladies still played fairly well. Briza Tayagua-Delgado was the low score with a 46. The RedHawks beat Fairfield by 5 strokes but fell short of Mishawaka Marian with a team score of 207, bringing their overall record to 4-6.
- The Goshen Girls JV Soccer team were defeated by St. Joe 4-1. The goal was scored by Mia Diaz and assisted by Grace Kercher.
- The Goshen Girls Varsity Soccer team lost to undefeated and 5th ranked St. Joe 7-0. Abril Diaz had 10 saves in the goal. Goshen’s overall record is 5-5, and their conference record is 2-3.
- Goshen Varsity girls volleyball defeats Elkhart Christian Academy in 3 sets; 25-11,25-20,25-12. Kathryn Detweiler led Goshen in kills with 15 followed by Brynn Shoup-Hill with 9. Megan Gallagher had 15 assists followed by Maddie Garber with 13 assists. Megan Gallagher had 14 digs and Brooklyn Collins had 8.
- Goshen JV girls volleyball also defeated Elkhart Christian Academy 2-1.
In Sports Action Today:
- The girls JV and Varsity golf teams will compete against Westview High School at Black Squirrel Golf Course starting at 4:30PM. The JV girls will play a double header with Westview and Jimtown.
- The boys C team, JV, and Varsity soccer teams will compete against Bethany Christian at Bethany Christian School starting at 5:00PM. The Varsity game to follow at 6:45PM.
- The boys JV and Varsity tennis teams will compete against Concord High School at GMS starting at 5:00PM.
- The girls Freshman, JV, and Varsity volleyball teams will compete against Fairfield High School at GHS starting at 5:00PM. The JV will play at 6:00PM and Varsity to follow at 7:30PM.
- The boys and girls Varsity cross country team will race in the NLC Round Robin Meet at Warsaw High School starting at 6:00PM.
- The Unified Football team will play against Wawasee at Wawasee High School starting at 6:30PM.
For athletic hub: check with the athletic department if you need a bus ride to school for practices.
For tickets: visit www.goshenredhawks.org for the weekly Ticket Plan to see when game tickets for certain events are available.