GHS ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR TUESDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2020
- There will be NO final exams this semester.
COURSE 5: All students currently attending in-person in grades 7-12 have been extended to Course 5 until we return from Winter Break, January 6. This means you will be attending virtually. Students, please see the email with the schedule attached. Please note the change in SRT period with a 10 minute check-in session added. You must be logged on for the entire class. You can still be counted absent for not attending or late/tardy if you arrive late or leave early.
GCS has been offering meals for students in grades 7-12 while they are in Course V. We will continue to do that, but due to low numbers, we will not be able to offer meals at every Goshen School. Meals will now be offered from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. at Goshen High School, Goshen Middle School, Chamberlain Elementary, Waterford Elementary, and West Goshen Elementary. If you have not utilized this service, but would like to now, you may sign up at http://www.goshenschools.org/meal-sign-up. Parents may pick up meals for students if they have the GCS Student ID number. Students may also pick up for other family members, neighbors, or friends, providing they have the Student ID numbers.
In Sports Action:
- The boys’ JV and Varsity basketball teams will compete against Elkhart High School at GHS starting at 6:00PM. The Varsity game to follow at 7:30PM.
- The girls’ C-team, JV, and Varsity basketball teams will compete against West Noble at West Noble High School. The C-team and JV games start at 6:00PM. The Varsity game to follow at 7:30PM.
- The swim and dive team will NOT have morning practices 12/9 or 12/11. The schedule will resume as normal after the listed dates.
Out of Season Activities:
- Any boys who are interested in boys’ track and field this year, please contact Coach Kauffman at firstname.lastname@example.org and let him know the following information: Name, cell phone number, and events that you are interested in competing in. Beginning December 7ththere will be workouts in the Warehouse for any boys track athlete wanting to Pole Vault, High Jump, Long Jump, and Shot Put. These sessions will be held Monday’s and Tuesdays from 6:00-7:30 pm. More details will be provided as December 7th gets closer.
- Volleyball will have limited contact from 12/8-2/4 from 6am-7:45am Tue/Thurs. Excluding Winter break.
For athletic hub:
For those kids who need to take a bus from eLearning at home to athletic practices at GHS or GMS, here are the pick-up times and locations:
- Prairie View-2:35PM
- West Goshen-3:00PM
- GMS drop off-3:15PM
- GHS drop off-3:25PM
The bus will have internet access and the kids will be expected to be online in class while on the bus. Coaches are also analyzing current practice start times, as we may start 15 – 30 minutes later to allow for travel from home to practices.
Winter sport Athletic tickets and Pay/view:
For winter sports, we are currently in a situation where only families of participating student-athletes have access to tickets. This is re-evaluated week by week and when we are able to return to 25% of capacity, we will then be able to offer tickets to students and staff. Staff ID’s will not be honored for admission unless the staff has been notified by the athletic department.
Pay/view for all home winter athletic contest is available. Any student or staff member who would like to run the camera for some games should let Mr. Kissinger know by email or stopping by athletics to discuss the expectation. We could use your help.