Sports News and Results
- Homecoming Week is 10/11 – 10/15 and will culminate Friday night with the home football game against Wawasee. That game will be free for all GHS students who show their ID and is being sponsored by Interra!
- The first day of official girls basketball practice starts next week on October 18.. If you are interested in playing you must have a physical form on file in the Athletic office. If you are interested please contact Coach Hill for practice calendar.
Anyone interested in being a manager for the Goshen High School Girls Basketball team?
If so, find Coach Hill in the Weightroom 1810 or during SRT in 1890. OR you can contact Coach Hill at email@example.com
- This Friday night is the final regular season home football game. The theme is Halloween Night. Please “kickoff” your fall break by coming to support RedHawk football. It is another free admission night for GHS students showing their current year ID. Thanks to Interra Credit Union for sponsoring this free admission night
- Basketball Sideline Cheer begins on Monday, October 25th 4-5:30pm at GHS warehouse. All athletic paperwork needs to be turned into the athletic department. Any questions please Coach Kristy, firstname.lastname@example.org
IN SPORTS ACTION TODAY:
- The girls Varsity volleyball team will play in their Sectional Quarterfinal match against Penn HS at Concord HS starting at 5:30pm
The 2021-2022 Esports Club will be starting again on October 25th.
We will meet Monday through Wednesdays in Room 1620.
From Afterschool till 5pm.
We will be offering League of Legends, Super Smash, Rocket League, and Overwatch.
And open to other suggested games. All experience levels welcome.
For our competitive players we will be joining a new league this year along with the Indiana Esports League to give more playing options!
- This Thursday during lunch, the Environmental Resilience Depart and the Youth Caucus will have a booth setup for spreading awareness for solid waste management and recycling. There will be handouts to take home and spread to your family. There will be a webinar on recycling hosted by the Goshen Public Library on recycling near the end of October that they will be announcing. The mission will be to inform people of Goshen about how to recycle and how to get recycling to your households. They will also be available to answer any questions over the Department itself and the Youth Caucus.
General School Info/Job Opportunities
- IB exam registration forms are due on October 11th. If you haven’t turned yours in yet to Mrs. Dorn in the main office, please do so right away! If you have questions, please ask Mrs. Collins, Mr. Nichols, or your IB teacher.
- Students and Staff: Do you have a book to read over fall break? Stop by the library/learning commons to get one! Or if you want to read an eBook, check one out from Sora! Need help finding something? Just ask Mrs. Hartzler, Mrs. Collins, or Mr. Collins for help!
- The Fall GHS Red Cross Blood Drive will take place on Friday, November 12, from 8:00-2:00. You must be at least 16 years old to sign up. 16-year-olds need a parent permission form signed. 17-year-olds and older do not need a permission form signed. Please email or see Mrs. Wohlford to sign up or if you have any questions.
- Did you forget to buy last year’s yearbook? Ms. Shetler has a few extra copies ready to sell. They cost $60 each and can be purchased either before/after school or during SRT. Email her at email@example.com reserve your copy or stop by room 3255. First come, first serve!
- Hoppers Pike Street Grille is looking to hire a busser/host part time job for the afternoons. If interested, apply in person at 1208 W Pike St. Goshen,
Congratulations to the members of the Crimson Marching Band for winning the class 3A championship at the Bands of America Toledo Regional this past Saturday! The group also took home honors for Best Music, Best General Effect and Best Visual in the preliminary competition and advanced to the Finals that were held that evening. In finals competition Goshen placed 4th overall but was the highest placing 3A band.
The Crimson Marching Band will next compete at the ISSMA Regional in Lafayette in 2 weeks.