GHS ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2020
Transition to Course 3 starts next week! Please note the schedule below. In-person 9th and 10th graders will be IN SCHOOL Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. This schedule does NOT affect RedHawk Online Academy students.
|3rd||9:58-11:24||SRT check-in||9:58-10:28||1st||9:15-9:45||SRT check-in||9:58-10:28||3rd||9:58-11:24|
|5th||11:31-2:01||SRT resource||10:33-11:24||2nd||10:00-10:30||SRT resource||10:33-11:24||5th||11:31-2:01|
|Week of September 21||Week of September 21|
|Grades 9 and 10: In person||Grades 9 and 10: In person|
|Grades 11 and 12: Students A-L will be in person.||Grades 11 and 12: Students M-Z will be in person.|
|Grades 11 and 12: Students M-Z will be Zooming in.||Grades 11 and 12: Students A-L will be Zooming in.|
|Week of September 28||Week of September 28|
|Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12: In person||Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12: In person|
Starting TODAY we are going all students free for their regular school meal; breakfast and lunch. This is due to an USDA waiver! IF a student wants a second meal or a la carte items they will be charged. Adults MUST pay for their meals. They are NOT included in this free program. Extra milk for packers is NOT free they must still pay. This free meals to all will last until the money runs out or December 31st. If the money runs out on Oct 25th then on the 26th everyone is back to paying if they do not qualify.
It’s that time of year again! The Women’s soccer team is selling pies made by Dan’s Pies from North Webster Indiana. If you would like to buy one feel free to find a soccer player or send an email to either Coach Hulbert or Coach Bontreger! The last day that we will be selling pies is September 23 which is a Wednesday. The delivery of the pies will be October 7. Thanks for supporting your Lady soccer Red Hawks!
GCS needs every middle and high school student to have a daily self-assessment agreement on file, signed by a parent or guardian. These can be filled out and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com They can also be printed and sent in to GMS or GHS.
WORK PERMITS: When you get a work permit EVERY box needs to be filled out on the Intent to Employ form before we will issue you the work permit. Please bring completed forms to the main office in the morning and they will be completed by the end of the school day.
REMINDER: Students are to wear their IDs at all times. You MUST have your ID to purchase a lunch in the cafeteria. If you forget your ID you can get one at the Welcome Center for $1. If you need a lanyard they are $1, or we can provide string for free.
YOU MUST BE STAYING AFTER SCHOOL FOR SOMETHING TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS – The GHS cafeteria is offering free after school snacks every day after school. This program is for any student who is staying after school. All student-athletes, club members, music participants, drama participants, after school homework help kids, etc. are strongly encouraged to stop by the cafeteria after school and take advantage of this generous opportunity. Students just need to show their ID and they can grab a healthy snack to go that will hold them over during their after school activities until dinner. The cafeteria will stay open until 3:55 p.m. to hand out the snacks.
If you are a student that leaves the building at any time during normal school hours then you must have a sticker on your ID if it’s for a class (PACT, Building Trades, EACC, Merit, shortened schedules, Red Zone, internship, yearbook, etc.) that indicates that or a blue pass from the office indicating that you have permission to leave. Building Trades, EACC and Red Zone students are also required to sign out at the Welcome Center before leaving.
Seniors, please click here for an updated list of scholarships. All available scholarships have either a website or a PDF file linked. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Embriz.
Students, if you are having trouble with your school laptop, you are welcome to email your school computer support at GHS_TRC@goshenschools.org (Notice there is an underscore after GCS, that is not a blank space.) If you are having trouble with a lesson, please contact your teacher. Contact GHS_TRC@goshenschools.org for things like; it will not power on, the charger is not working, the screen does not work, a computer program will not open (like Chrome or Word), sound or mic not working, things like that.
- PLEASE try to do a full power off, wait at least a minute, then power back on, to see if that fixes the issue. That truly can fix a multitude of issues.
- Please include your full name and email address we can reply to.
- Please describe in detail the issue. Please don’t just say it does not work.
- If there is a pop up message what exactly does it say?
- If you can use the snipping tool to take screen shots of error messages that is very helpful. Just search for the word snip and you should find that.
In Sports Action Today:
- The girls JV and Varsity golf teams will compete against Fairfield and Mishawaka Marian at Eberhart Golf Course starting at 5:00PM.
- The girls JV and Varsity soccer teams will compete against South Bend St. Joseph High School at GHS starting at 5:00PM. The varsity game to follow at 6:45PM.
- The girls JV and Varsity volleyball teams will compete against Elkhart Christian Academy at GHS starting at 6:00PM. The varsity game to follow at 7:00PM.
- The boys C soccer team will compete against Elkhart High School at GHS starting at 6:00PM.
- The boys tennis team lost 0-5 to a Top 20 St Joe team Friday night. The JV came up with an impressive 7-6 win to improve to 8-1 this season. They needed several clutch wins to do so, including 7-6, 6-3 at 1 Singles from Joel Byler, a 3rd set tiebreak win from Tyler Scott & Boden Stutsman, and another one from Emre Gulec & Josiah Penner.
- The boys tennis team lost 1-4 to a strong East Noble team Saturday. Carter Schmucker and Brenton Pham scored the lone point at #1 Doubles.
- The JV boys tennis team finished 2nd by 3 points in the 8-team Plymouth Invite on Saturday. Isaac Stahly finished 2nd at 1 Singles. Joel Byler finished 1st at 2 Singles. Aidan Ebright Zehr finished 5th, going 2-1 at 3 Singles. Kaden Priebe & Soroosh Kermani finished 2nd at 1 Doubles. Braxten Sheets & Myles Mclaughlin finished 1st at 2 Doubles.
- The GHS RedHawks boys varsity soccer team traveled to the Penn tournament on Saturday, September 12. The RedHawks lost the first game to Fort Wayne Carroll by a score of 1-3. Ricardo Garcia scored on a PK for the RedHawks. The RedHawks also lost the second game of the day to the Crown Point Bulldogs by a score of 2-5. Diego Romo and Carlos Castaneda both scored. Romo also had an assist. Both losses put the varsity’s record at 3-6 overall, and they remain at 0-3 in the NLC.
- The Goshen RedHawks girls golf team had conference at South Shore Golf Club this Saturday. Going into it, the ladies placed 6th place out of the 8 teams. For the first time in years, the RedHawks broke 400 with a team score of 393, putting them at 5th place for the day. They missed Plymouth by only 2 strokes! Maya Narayan was the low score of the day with a 96, just falling short of medaling. Briza Tayagua-Delgado and McKenna Cripe both shot a 97. Estella Borden had a 103 and Jenna VanderWey had a 117. We are back at it on Monday at Eberhart Golf Course! WAY TO GO LADIES!
- The cross country teams competed at the Concord Invitational. The Girls team finished in 9th place. Sophia Yordy led the team placing 11th, Sophia Koshmider 49th, Jackie Sixtos 60th, Mara Schrock 72nd, Nataly Esqueda 73rd, Rylee Weishaupt 80th, and Carmen Pedraza 89th. The Boys team finished 1st. Cole Johnston was the individual champion, Drew Hogan 2nd, Tommy Claxton 3rd, Ryan Diaz 16th, Adrian Mora 27th, Tyler Wiese 28th, and Oliver Biek 40th.
- The Goshen Varsity Girls Soccer team defeated Westview 6-1 on Saturday. Goal scorers for the Redhawks were: Alessandra Lozano (2), Miriam Ruiz (2), Andrea Diaz, and Melanie Herrera. Assists were recorded by Joya Drenth (2), Alessandra Lozano, Miriam Ruiz, and Andrea Diaz. Goshen’s overall record is now 5-4 and 2-3 in conference.
For athletic hub: check with the athletic department if you need a bus ride to school for practices.
For tickets: visit www.goshenredhawks.org for the weekly Ticket Plan to see when game tickets for certain events are available.
All boys that are interested in playing baseball this spring should stop by room 1220 to talk to Coach DuBois. All boys not in a fall sport are able to attend baseball workouts on Monday’s and Friday’s after school as well as weightlifting on Wednesday’s after school. Please email Coach DuBois at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. To attend you must have all paperwork submitted to the athletic office. See Mrs. Schrock or Mr. Miller in the athletic office with any questions.
Anyone interested in being a manager for the girls’ basketball team. Go see Coach Hill in the Weight Room (rm 1810) for information or you can contact him via email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is to inform you that starting on Monday, September 14th there will be softball workouts for all players who are not participating in a Fall Sport. We are now going on Mondays & Wednesdays from 5:00-6:30. On Mondays will are at Shanklin Park and on Wednesdays we are at the warehouse. Please follow me on twitter (@SoftballRedhawk) for the most up to date things with softball. You must have all your athletic forms completed and given to Jan Schrock before attending these workouts.