GHS ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR MONDAY, DECEMBER 7, 2020
There will be NO final exams this semester.
COURSE 5: All students currently attending in-person in grades 7-12 have been extended to Course 5 until after December 11. This means you will be attending virtually. Students, please see the email with the schedule attached. Please note the change in SRT period with a 10 minute check-in session added. You must be logged on for the entire class. You can still be counted absent for not attending or late/tardy if you arrive late or leave early.
If you need library books, you can place a hold through Destiny or you can also email Mrs. Hartzler (email@example.com). If you’re not sure how to place a book on hold in Destiny, there is a how-to video on the Learning Commons Canvas page. The books will be delivered to your doorstep! Keep reading, RedHawks!
Ski Club: This is normally the time of year that we would be registering for our 2021 ski club season. Unfortunately, current Covid restrictions and uncertain future restrictions make a normal season unlikely. Keep checking announcements, hopefully we can do some single sessions ski trips. Email Mrs. Clark, firstname.lastname@example.org, with questions.
GCS has been offering meals for students in grades 7-12 while they are in Course V. We will continue to do that, but due to low numbers, we will not be able to offer meals at every Goshen School. Meals will now be offered from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. at Goshen High School, Goshen Middle School, Chamberlain Elementary, Waterford Elementary, and West Goshen Elementary. If you have not utilized this service, but would like to now, you may sign up at http://www.goshenschools.org/meal-sign-up. Parents may pick up meals for students if they have the GCS Student ID number. Students may also pick up for other family members, neighbors, or friends, providing they have the Student ID numbers.
Nurse Wendy is available to answer any questions regarding Covid-19 between the hours of 8am-8pm Monday-Friday and on Sundays. If you email her during other times of the day, please expect an answer after 8am. If you are unsure if you should come to school, please do not come to school until you have heard back from Nurse Wendy.
GTV students are working hard to bring you information about people and events here at GHS and beyond that have an impact on you.
Here’s how you can help:
- Email us ideas for announcements, sports, or entertainment
- Subscribe and like our videos
- Listen to GTV Radio on Radio Horizonte 104.3FM
- Tune-in app – http://tun.in/sfuAt
- Join GTV Radio – behind the scenes or on-air!
- Email Mr. Sapp – email@example.com
School pictures will now be held on the morning of Friday, January 29th. They will be available to both in-person students and ROA students. More information will be send out as we get closer to that date!
We are giving all students free for their regular school meal; breakfast and lunch. This is due to an USDA waiver! IF a student wants a second meal or a la carte items they will be charged. Adults MUST pay for their meals. They are NOT included in this free program. Extra milk for packers is NOT free they must still pay. These free meals to all will last until the end of the 2020-2021 school year!!!
GCS needs every middle and high school student to have a daily self-assessment agreement on file, signed by a parent or guardian. These can be filled out and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. They can also be printed and sent in to GMS or GHS.
WORK PERMITS: When you get a work permit EVERY box needs to be filled out on the Intent to Employ form before we will issue you the work permit. Please bring completed forms to the main office in the morning and they will be completed by the end of the school day.
Seniors, please click here for an updated list of scholarships. All available scholarships have either a website or a PDF file linked. If you have any questions, please see Ms. Embriz.
Students, if you are having trouble with your school laptop, you are welcome to email your school computer support at GHS_TRC@goshenschools.org (Notice there is an underscore after GCS, that is not a blank space.) If you are having trouble with a lesson, please contact your teacher. Contact GHS_TRC@goshenschools.org for things like; it will not power on, the charger is not working, the screen does not work, a computer program will not open (like Chrome or Word), sound or mic not working, things like that.
- PLEASE try to do a full power off, wait at least a minute, then power back on, to see if that fixes the issue. That truly can fix a multitude of issues.
- Please include your full name and email address we can reply to.
- Please describe in detail the issue. Please don’t just say it does not work.
- If there is a pop up message what exactly does it say?
- If you can use the snipping tool to take screen shots of error messages that is very helpful. Just search for the word snip and you should find that.
- Goshen boys’ JV basketball defeated West Noble 43-30. Goshen was led in scoring by Gage Worthman with 12 points, Will Herschberger with 11 points, and Aiden Abright-Zehr with 10 points.
- Goshen boys’ Varsity basketball fell to West Noble 50-49. Goshen was led in scoring by Drew Hogan with 15 points, Deecon Hill with 12 points, and Isaac Sawatzky with 11 points.
- The Lady RedHawks Varsity basketball team open up conference play with a 45 – 27 win against the visiting Lady Pilgrims of Plymouth. The RedHawk seniors overcame a slow start to lead their squad in the second half to victory. Brynn Shoup-Hill led with 16pts and Megan Gallagher 14pts. Other getting column were junior Tori Eldridge and sophomore Tyra Marcum both added with 6pts.
- The Lady RedHawks C- Team was defeated by Norwell 18-44, in the first game of the day. Rosie Herrera and KC Shepard were lead scorers for the Norwell game. The Lady RedHawks then defeated New Prairie 32-9. The RedHawks were led by Grace Kercher and Rosie Herrera.
- The swim and dive team will NOT have morning practices 12/9 or 12/11. The schedule will resume as normal after the listed dates.
Out of Season Activities:
- Any boys who are interested in boys’ track and field this year, please contact Coach Kauffman at firstname.lastname@example.org and let him know the following information: Name, cell phone number, and events that you are interested in competing in. Beginning December 7ththere will be workouts in the Warehouse for any boys track athlete wanting to Pole Vault, High Jump, Long Jump, and Shot Put. These sessions will be held Monday’s and Tuesdays from 6:00-7:30 pm. More details will be provided as December 7th gets closer.
- Volleyball will have limited contact from 12/8-2/4 from 6am-7:45am Tue/Thurs. Excluding Winter break.
For athletic hub: For those kids who need to take a bus from eLearning at home to athletic practices at GHS or GMS, here is the pick-up times and locations.
- Prairie View-2:35PM
- West Goshen-3:00PM
- GMS drop off-3:15PM
- GHS drop off-3:25PM
The bus will have internet access and the kids will be expected to be online in class while on the bus. Coaches are also analyzing current practice start times, as we may start 15 – 30 minutes later to allow for travel from home to practices.
Winter sport Athletic tickets and Pay/view:
For winter sports, we are currently in a situation where only families of participating student-athletes have access to tickets. This is re-evaluated week by week and when we are able to return to 25% of capacity, we will then be able to offer tickets to students and staff. Staff ID’s will not be honored for admission unless the staff has been notified by the athletic department.
Pay/view for all home winter athletic contest is available. Any student or staff member who would like to run the camera for some games should let Mr. Kissinger know by email or stopping by athletics to discuss the expectation. We could use your help.