OUTSIDE OF GHS NEWS:
- Teen Cafe: Join us every Thursday from 4-5:30 PM on the library lawn along 5th Street. Hang out and relax with your friends. Enjoy drinks & snacks, play a game, work on homework, read, listen to music…just enjoy chilling at the library.
- Take-and-Make Kits: Pick up a kit to paint your own mini pumpkin. Kits are available at the Circulation desk until supplies run out. No sign-up required, first come first served.
- Homecoming Week is 10/11 – 10/15 and will culminate Friday night with the home football game against Wawasee. That game will be free for all GHS students who show their ID and is being sponsored by Interra!
- The Boys soccer team will host the Sectional tournament here on Monday, 10/4, Wednesday, 10/6, and Saturday, 10/9. Season passes and school ID’s to NOT work for admission, as this is an IHSAA event, not a GHS event. The RedHawks play Concord on 10/4 with a projected 7:15 PM start time. All tickets are for single game sales only for this event and cost $6.
- The Girls soccer team, our NLC champion girls soccer team, plays in Sectional at Northridge against Northridge at 6 PM on Tuesday night.
- The boys’ tennis team is not only NLC champions, but now is Sectional champions! They have not lost a match all tournament so far. They boys play at 5 PM at Concord next Tuesday against Fremont HS. The cost of admission for each night is $5.
- The boys and girls cross country team will compete in the Sectional meet this Saturday, 10/9, at ox Bow Park. There is a $5 admission fee for this meet. Come see these awesome kids compete.
- French Club will be playing Pétanque and having a picnic Monday, October 4 during the 2nd session of SRT. Any and all French students are invited to join in the festivities!
Key Club will meet next Thursday, Oct. 7, Session 2 of SRT in the auditorium.Key Club is dedicated to serving the community and state as we raise money to support Riley Children’s Hospital and other organizations and as we serve with our time.We have volunteer needs to help here at school, as well as in the community.Please plan to join us next Thursday in the auditorium to see how you can get involved in helping others and to spend time getting to know other club members. We look forward to seeing you Thursday!
- Friday, October 8 the Art Club will be having a Nelson’s BBQ fundraiser in the parking lot of Ares/Eastlake Fitness next to Kroger from 3-7. There will be chicken, pork chops, ribs and pit-tatoes. If you would like to purchase pre-sale tickets, please email Betsy Poling at email@example.com
Interested in mental health? If so, BC2M (Bring Change 2 Mind) is the club for you. BC2M’s goal is educate students and staff about mental health. We meet the first Thursday of the month during 2nd session of SRT in the classroom of the learning commons. Bring a friend and come see what it’s about. Our next meeting is this Thursday Oct. 7. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. King or Ms. Embriz in the counseling office.
- Congratulations to the members of the Crimson Marching Band for taking second place in class A and second place overall in the Penn High school Carnival of Bands this past weekend.This coming next weekend the Crimson Marching Band will compete at the University of Toledo in the Bands Of America North east regional. Good luck to all members!
GENERAL SCHOOL INFO:
- Computer equipment – Please do not drop off computers and other equipment to the CPR room by leaving it on the step outside the door, or on top of the half door if it is open. All equipment should be turned in to a live person in the CPR room, or to the main office if no one is in the CPR room. We do not want you to have to pay for broken or lost equipment just because it wasn’t turned in properly. Thank you for helping the CPR staff, and more importantly—helping yourself!
- IB exam registration forms are due on October 11th. If you haven’t turned yours in yet to Mrs. Dorn in the main office, please do so right away! If you have questions, please ask Mrs. Collins, Mr. Nichols, or your IB teacher.
- College Fair
Goshen High School will host the Elkhart County College Fair on Monday, October 4th from 6:00-7:30 pm. Representatives from more than 50 colleges will be available to meet students and answer questions. Multiple military branches will also be represented. Financial aid experts from INvestEd and the Goshen College will be available to answer questions about the financial aid process. If you plan to attend make sure to register for the fair with Strive Scan: it’s free, easy, and will save you time when meeting with colleges at the fair. To register go to www.StriveFair.com and get your barcode.
IN SPORTS ACTION TODAY:
- The Varsity football team takes on Northridge HS at Northridge starting at 7:00pm
IN SPORTS ACTION THIS WEEKEND:
- The Unified Football team will face Central Noble in the Semifinals at Central Noble. Time to be determined
- The JV girls soccer team will play at the JV Tourney starting at 9:00am. Location to be determined
- The Coed JV and Varsity Cross Country teams will race in the NLC Championship at Ox Bow starting at 9:00am
- The girls Varsity volleyball team will play in the Southwood Tourney at Southwood HS starting at 9:00am
- The Varsity girls Soccer team will play against LaVille HS at LaVille starting at 10:00am
- The JV football team will play against Northridge at Home starting at 10:00am
- The Goshen RedHawks emerged from Thursday’s battle with Fairfield as the Sectional Champions for the second year in a row. The score was 5-0 but the match included 3 tiebreakers and a 3rd set, so it was much closer than the score shows. The team’s record improved to 17-4 for the season, which continues on Tuesday against Fremont at Concord in the Regional Semifinal.
- Goshen Lady Redhawks lost to Plymouth in 3 sets. The Varsity Volleyball team plays at the Southwood Invitational on Sat, Oct 2nd
- The opening of a new restaurant in the old Kelly Jae’s space on Main Street called Biebs & Ash is a fast casual burger restaurant, hoping to open in the next few weeks.They are looking for quality high school students ages 16 and up. They are looking for dependable, hardworking, sociable students for part time positions within the restaurant. Pay ranges from $10-$16/hr depending on job.Available positions include:
Dining Room Attendants
David Lucchese & Ashley Robinson
Biebs & Ash