COURSE 3 SCHEDULE:
This weeks’ GTV episode: https://youtu.be/xxzsU60-WYE
Unified Track & Field is a part of the #InclusionRevolution. In this varsity sport, students with special needs compete together with teammates identifies as student partners to represent Goshen High School. This sport is open to all students and starts on Monday, March 8. We practice every Mon, Tue, and Thurs. from 3:50 – 5 PM at the track. We meet in the life skills room at 3:45. Out of season athletes, please consider joining the team this year. Contact Mr. Kissinger in the athletic office with any questions you may have.
The GHS Art Club is holding a Nelson’s Chicken Fundraiser. You can buy tickets from GHS IB/AP Art students as well as Art Dept. Staff. You may either pick up from GHS after school OR at Tractor Supply in Goshen TODAY, MARCH 5, 3-7.
The Spring Blood Drive is TODAY, March 5 from 8:00-2:00. You must be at least 16 years old to sign up to donate. 16-year-olds must have a permission form signed by a parent. 17 and older do not need permission forms. Please contact Mrs. Wohlford if you would like to sign-up or have any questions. Her room is 3215 or email email@example.com.
Congratulations to the Varsity Winter Guard on their 1st place finish at the Carroll Invitational on Saturday. The Varsity Winter Guard has been undefeated and ranked 1st in the state for all 4 weeks of the season so far. Also on Saturday, the JV1 Winter Guard placed 2nd and the JV2 Winter Guard received a Gold Rating. Next Saturday, the Varsity Winter Guard will compete at Hamilton Southeastern High School in Indianapolis.
Attention Seniors and Juniors who are graduation early:
If you have not ordered your cap and gown, please do so ASAP. Here is an updated link:
MEETINGS DURING SRT:
·GSA, GHS’s Genders & Sexualities Alliance, will be meeting in room 3255 during 2nd session Thursday, March 18. This is a space for LGBTQ+ people and their allies. We’ll meet, greet, and play some games. Bring a friend! Questions? Email Ms. Shetler (she/her) or find her in room 3255.
- Attention- All girls interested in playing softball! On Monday, March 8th is tryouts for the GHS Softball program. If you are interested in trying out make sure you have all of your athletic paper work completed and report to the main gym at 4:00-6:30. Hope to see you there. Go Hawks!
- Any girls interested in trying out for the tennis team for the first time this spring should contact Coach Love to get more information. Go to the Girls Tennis page on goshenredhawks.org to send him an email.
- The GHS boys’ golf team is looking for some team members this spring. No matter what your skill level or experience is, consider playing golf for GHS this year. If you missed the meeting but would like more information, contact the boys golf head coach, Brent Randall, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boys’ track and field practices have started! If you are still interested in participating in boys’ track, please go to Whiteman gym by 4:00.
Out of Season Activities:
- Any girl interested in volleyball should be attending morning workouts with Strength and Conditioning Coach Miller 2 days a week.
- Any boy interested in playing football in the fall should attend off-season workouts on Mondays and Wednesday’s in the weight room from 3:45-5pm. You must have a physical on file to participate.
For athletic hub:
For those kids who need to take a bus from eLearning at home to athletic practices at GHS or GMS, here are the pick-up times and locations:
- Prairie View-2:35PM
- West Goshen-3:00PM
- GMS drop off-3:15PM
- GHS drop off-3:25PM
The bus will have internet access and the kids will be expected to be online in class while on the bus. Coaches are also analyzing current practice start times, as we may start 15 – 30 minutes later to allow for travel from home to practices.