GHS ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2021
Drama Club will have our first spring semester meeting on Thursday, February 25 after school in Ms. Pobocik’s room (2285 – by guidance) until 5:00. We will talk about spring One Acts, discuss future meetings, and possibly get some auditioning practice! If you have questions, email Ms. Pobocik (firstname.lastname@example.org)
JUNIORS AND SENIORS interested in submitting a script to direct during One Acts need to get those to Ms. Pobocik ASAP for approval.
GTV Episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQM_orCe2nE
The Spring Blood Drive will be Friday, March 5 from 8:00-2:00. You must be at least 16 years old to sign up to donate. 16-year-olds must have a permission form signed by a parent. 17 and older do not need permission forms. Please contact Mrs. Wohlford if you would like to sign-up or have any questions. Her room is 3215 or email email@example.com.
Faith + Student + Sport = FCA
FCA will start meeting every Thursday @ 7:30 am in room 1230. If you are looking to fellowship with other Goshen students and athletes, FCA is for you. This club helps students and athletes inject their Faith into daily lives & routines.
Contact Mr. Hutcherson (Rm. 1230) or Mr. DuBois (Rm. 1220) for more information about FCA.
Merit on the Move:
- We are starting up Merit on the Move on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:45-5:45.
We have a lot of math students currently interested and have opened up two rooms (2265 as well as the current APEX lab) to accommodate more students. Students will need to clear things with their counselors before coming to a session. Sessions will continue through May and many students are able to earn a credit toward their transcript in that time. Motivated students can often earn more than one. If you have a student who needs another credit or two to graduate, or just wants to get ahead, please let either Mr. Wolf (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ms. Miller (email@example.com) know. Thank you!
In Sports Action:
- Sam Hunter will compete at State Prelims for the girls’ swim team in the 200IM at IUPUI starting at 12:00PM.
- The boys’ JV and Varsity basketball teams will compete against Wawasee High School at GHS starting at 6:15PM. The Varsity game to follow at 7:30PM.
- The boys’ freshman basketball team will compete in a tournament and face Northridge High School at Northwood High School starting at 9:00AM.
- The boys’ Freshman basketball team fell to Warsaw 46-30. Goshen was led in scoring by Ray Harris with 13 points.
Out of Season Activities:
- Attention! All girls interested in playing Softball this spring, please see Coach Kulp in Room 1215 across from the nurse’s station. He has important information about the final month of the preseason and the beginning of the season.
- Any girls interested in trying out for the tennis team for the first time this spring should contact Coach Love to get more information. Go to the Girls Tennis page on goshenredhawks.org to send him an email.
- The GHS boys’ golf team is actively looking for players for their spring season coming up March through May 2021. No matter what your skill level, or how many rounds of golf you’ve played, the GHS boys’ golf team is looking for you. Be a part of our team, play golf every day after school and develop friendships and skills that will benefit you in the future. Golf is a game you will take with you your entire life. From beginners to the most experienced golfer, there is a spot for you on our team. Learn more about joining the GHS golf team by emailing head coach Brent Randall at firstname.lastname@example.orgGet on board and join our team as we get ready for this spring.
- Any boys who are interested in boys’ track and field this year, please contact Coach Kauffman at email@example.com and let him know the following information: Name, cell phone number, and events that you are interested in competing in. There will be workouts in the Warehouse for any boys track athlete wanting to Pole Vault, High Jump, Long Jump, and Shot Put. These sessions will be held Monday’s and Tuesdays from 6:00-7:30 pm.
- Any girl interested in volleyball should be attending morning workouts with Strength and Conditioning Coach Miller 2 days a week.
- Any boy interested in playing football in the fall should attend off-season workouts on Mondays and Wednesday’s in the weight room from 3:45-5pm. You must have a physical on file to participate.
For athletic hub:
For those kids who need to take a bus from eLearning at home to athletic practices at GHS or GMS, here are the pick-up times and locations:
- Prairie View-2:35PM
- West Goshen-3:00PM
- GMS drop off-3:15PM
- GHS drop off-3:25PM
The bus will have internet access and the kids will be expected to be online in class while on the bus. Coaches are also analyzing current practice start times, as we may start 15 – 30 minutes later to allow for travel from home to practices.
Winter sport Athletic tickets and Pay/view:
- Now that attendance is not an option, all varsity/JV basketball games in the main gym will be live streamed for free. Visit goshenredhawks.org and the Ticket Info/Boosters tab for the link.
- For girls sectional basketball hosted at Goshen, we cannot offer free live streaming, as this is an IHSAA event. The games can be found on pay/view for $9.95 by visiting goshenredhawks.org under the Ticket info/Boosters Tab.
For winter sports, we are currently in a situation where only families of participating student-athletes have access to tickets. This is re-evaluated week by week and when we are able to return to 25% of capacity, we will then be able to offer tickets to students and staff. Staff ID’s will not be honored for admission unless the staff has been notified by the athletic department.