GHS Fall Sports information:
Girls’ golf practice begins on Friday, July 29. All interested should report to Maplecrest CC for 9 AM practice and to Black Squirrel at 3 PM. This afternoon will be followed by a Girls Golf parent player meeting at 5:30 PM. All team members and a parent are expected to attend.
All other fall sports begin on Monday, 8/1. All students need to have completed and submitted to the athletic department a physical exam dated after or on April 1, 2016, the emergency contact information card, the concussion information acknowledgement form, and have signed the GHS athletic code of conduct before being cleared to participate in practices. The GHS athletic office is open from 7:30 AM – 4 PM. First practice times and meeting locations by sport for Monday, 8/1 are:
- Boys tennis: 8 – 10 AM at the GMS Tennis courts and 5 PM for Give Back Night at Culver’ Restaurant…….8 – 10 AM and 6 – 8 PM practices on Tuesday, 8/2 and Wed, 8/3
- Boys soccer: 8 AM – 10 AM and 6 – 8 PM at the GHS soccer complex
- Girls soccer: 8 AM – 10 AM and 6:30 – 8 PM at the GHS soccer complex
- Boys and Girls Cross country: 4:15 – 6:15 PM by GHS outdoor concessions near track
- Football: 8 AM – 10 AM for lifting, meet at the football locker room by the main gym, 3:55 – 6:30 PM practice
- Volleyball, 4 – 8 PM in Whiteman Gym (30 minute break around 5:45 PM…bring snacks and do not plan to leave the gym area)
- Cheerleaders, 12 PM youth Cheer Camp and 4 – 5:30 PM practice in the GHS Warehouse
**Soccer and football players should bring tennis shoes/running shoes, in addition to their cleats for conditioning or inside practice. Soccer players must have shin guards.**
For those still needing an athletic physical, please make an appointment with your family doctor right away, or contact the athletic office at 533-0652 if you need other alternatives for physical exams. All appropriate paperwork can be picked up in front of the GHS athletic office or can be printed from athletics.goshenschools.org.
A parent player meeting for all fall sports except for girls golf will be held at GHS at 6:30 PM on Thursday, 8/11. All team members and a parent are expected to attend.