GHS ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2021
THIS WEEKS’ SCHEDULE:
The GHS Art Club is holding a Nelson’s Chicken Fundraiser. You can buy tickets from GHS IB/AP Art students as well as Art Dept. Staff. You may either pick up from GHS after school OR at Tractor Supply in Goshen on FRIDAY, MARCH 5, 3-7.
Drama Club will have our first spring semester meeting TODAY, February 25 after school in Ms. Pobocik’s room (2285 – by guidance) until 5:00. We will talk about spring One Acts, discuss future meetings, and possibly get some auditioning practice! If you have questions, email Ms. Pobocik (firstname.lastname@example.org)
JUNIORS AND SENIORS interested in submitting a script to direct during One Acts need to get those to Ms. Pobocik ASAP for approval.
The Spring Blood Drive will be Friday, March 5 from 8:00-2:00. You must be at least 16 years old to sign up to donate. 16-year-olds must have a permission form signed by a parent. 17 and older do not need permission forms. Please contact Mrs. Wohlford if you would like to sign-up or have any questions. Her room is 3215 or email email@example.com.
MEETINGS DURING SRT:
- The GHS boys’ golf team is looking for some team members this spring. No matter what your skill level or experience is, consider playing golf for GHS this year. There will be a boys’ golf Call Out Meeting on Tuesday, March 2 at 10:30 am during the second session of SRT in the Main Gym.
- Key Club will be meeting on March 4th during 2nd session SRT. We will meet in the auditorium. Come hear how the THIRST project went! If you are still interested in becoming a member there is still time. We can take applications and dues until April 1. Stop by room 2210 to pick up an application if you need one.
- French Club will be meeting the 2nd session of SRT on Tuesday, March 2 in room 1535. We will be celebrating Mardi Gras and exploring some of the traditions of the holiday. Let Mlle Mack know if you’d like to come or just show up! Hope to see you there.
- Goshen City Bar Association Scholarship – Applications are in the student counseling office. You must have the following: academic success, civic activity and responsibility, and financial need are all factors that will be considered for this award. Due 3/31/21
Out of Season Activities:
- Intramural Volleyball signup forms are now located outside the athletic office. Forms and money should be turned in to Mr. Lucas Kauffman by this Friday, February 26th.
- Attention! All girls interested in playing Softball this spring, please see Coach Kulp in Room 1215 across from the nurse’s station. He has important information about the final month of the preseason and the beginning of the season.
- Any girls interested in trying out for the tennis team for the first time this spring should contact Coach Love to get more information. Go to the Girls Tennis page on goshenredhawks.org to send him an email.
- The GHS boys golf team is looking for some team members this spring. No matter what your skill level or experience is, consider playing golf for GHS this year. There will be a boys golf Call Out Meeting on Tuesday, March 2 at 10:30 am during the second session of SRT in the Main Gym. Learn the game of golf while representing your school. Golf is a game that you will enjoy your entire life. At the call out meeting, get information on the upcoming season, the opportunities to play and learn the game even after the season ends, meet the coaches and much more. Plan to attend the boys golf Call Out Meeting on Tuesday, March 2 at 10:30 am during the second session of SRT in the Main Gym. If you can’t attend but would like more information, contact the boys golf head coach, Brent Randall, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boys track and field practices started last week. If you are still interested in participating in boys track, please go to Whiteman gym by 4:00.
- Any girl interested in volleyball should be attending morning workouts with Strength and Conditioning Coach Miller 2 days a week.
- Any boy interested in playing football in the fall should attend off-season workouts on Mondays and Wednesday’s in the weight room from 3:45-5pm. You must have a physical on file to participate.
For athletic hub:
For those kids who need to take a bus from eLearning at home to athletic practices at GHS or GMS, here are the pick-up times and locations:
- Prairie View-2:35PM
- West Goshen-3:00PM
- GMS drop off-3:15PM
- GHS drop off-3:25PM
The bus will have internet access and the kids will be expected to be online in class while on the bus. Coaches are also analyzing current practice start times, as we may start 15 – 30 minutes later to allow for travel from home to practices.
Sectional Boys’ Basketball Tickets:
The boys’ basketball team plays in Sectional at Northside Gym next Tuesday, 3/2 vs. Penn at 5:30 PM. Due to improved Covid numbers, Goshen is being allotted 400 tickets for the single game. You cannot stay for game 2. Tickets are $6 and can be purchased online starting at 8 AM on Thursday, 2/25. All students are being sent an email with the purchasing information. Go RedHawks.